Anyone book Belize Elvis Reef & Goff's Caye Reef Snorkling with Island Marketing?

Old February 25th, 2006, 01:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Anyone book Belize Elvis Reef & Goff's Caye Reef Snorkling with Island Marketing?

Nine of us will be on a Carnival Miracle cruise that ports in Belize. I
am looking at an Elvis Reef & Goff's Caye Reef Snorkling excursion with
Island Marketing-Belize Cruise Excursions. If anyone went on this
non-ship excursion, please let me know your experience.

Thanks.

John

Old February 25th, 2006, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Are you purchasing your package through Carnival or through Island
Marketing? Just a suggestion, but with nine people in your party, you have
a lot of bargaining power dealing with the locals as opposed to purchasing
yourpackage through Carnival.

We were in Belize last april on a Norwegian cruise and snorkeled in Caye
Caulker. Took a water taxi from Belize City, booked the snorkel trip from
the dock in Caye Caulker and had a great time. Round trip water taxi
($15.00USD) per person and snorkling ($20.00USD) and we spent the rest of
our time checking out Caye Caulker. Unbelievably great snorkeling.

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/Be...lingBelize.htm This site lists
$40.00 per person for Goff's Caye

Frank

wrote in message
oups.com...
Nine of us will be on a Carnival Miracle cruise that ports in Belize. I
am looking at an Elvis Reef & Goff's Caye Reef Snorkling excursion with
Island Marketing-Belize Cruise Excursions. If anyone went on this
non-ship excursion, please let me know your experience.

Thanks.

John
rkle

Old February 25th, 2006, 04:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Frank from Deeetroit wrote:
Are you purchasing your package through Carnival or through Island
Marketing?

The OP said he was booking his "non-ship excursion" with "Island
Marketing-Belize Cruise Excursions".

Lee

Just a suggestion, but with nine people in your party, you have
a lot of bargaining power dealing with the locals as opposed to purchasing
yourpackage through Carnival.

We were in Belize last april on a Norwegian cruise and snorkeled in Caye
Caulker. Took a water taxi from Belize City, booked the snorkel trip from
the dock in Caye Caulker and had a great time. Round trip water taxi
($15.00USD) per person and snorkling ($20.00USD) and we spent the rest of
our time checking out Caye Caulker. Unbelievably great snorkeling.

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/Be...lingBelize.htm This site lists
$40.00 per person for Goff's Caye

Frank

oups.com...

Old February 25th, 2006, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Frank,

I have a few questions I hope you can answer about water taxiing to
Caye Caulker:

1. Are the water taxis near where the tender docks?

2. Is there a sufficient supply of water taxis at the Caye Caulker
dock?

3. Is Caye Caulker a private island or is there a park at Caye Caulker
where one pays the $20 per person?

John

Old February 25th, 2006, 08:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

John,

Caye Caulker is a public island that is a 45 minute water taxi ride from
Belize City. The water taxi dock is a 5-10 minute walk from tender dock.
The town area is a little seedy. Here is a link to the water taxi schedule
and other info about Caye Caulker -
http://www.gocayecaulker.com/members/ccwta.html

There was tfour in our party and about five other passengers on the water
taxi. When we arrived on Caye Caulker, we asked about snorkeling at the
dock and person at the dock arranged for the snorkle trip. We walked to the
boat bock on the other side of the island (about a 1/4 mile) and they took
us out to the reef about a mile out.

Our Norwegian cruise tender ride was about 20-30 minutes, so consider the
tender time in your schedue.

Caye Caulker is laid back and free from any commercialized restaurants and
businesses. The restaurants and shops are all Mom and Pop type
establishments.

Frank

oups.com...