Back to Back Cruises

Old November 27th, 2003, 11:36 PM
JS

Default Back to Back Cruises

I always find that 7 day cruises are just not long enough. I'm considering
taking two 7 nighters back to back. Does anyone have any experinece in
this regard? Does the cruise line give you price break? While many ships
do alternating eastern then western Carribbean iteniaries as example, I
wonder whether I'm better off switching ships or cruise lines all together
for a 'different' experience and different entertainment etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old November 28th, 2003, 02:01 AM
Surfer E2468

We did back to back cruises on CROWN DYNASTY a few years ago more or
less 14 DAYS,EACH WAY,NEW YORK TO FT LAUDERDALE ,AROUND THE CARIBBEAN
THEN FT LAUDERDALE TO SOUTH AMERICA ,AND BACK ,WAS A WONDERFUL
EXPERIENCE,NO PRICE BREAK

Old November 28th, 2003, 03:08 AM
Howard Garland

JS wrote:

I always find that 7 day cruises are just not long enough. I'm considering
taking two 7 nighters back to back. Does anyone have any experinece in
this regard? Does the cruise line give you price break? While many ships
do alternating eastern then western Carribbean iteniaries as example, I
wonder whether I'm better off switching ships or cruise lines all together
for a 'different' experience and different entertainment etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Done them on the same ship and different ships. I'm doing back to backs
on the Carnival Legend this New Years (8 days for each cruise). It's
definitely a great way to go. You get the benefit of a long cruise with
younger and livelier crowds than you usually find on longer cruises. No
real price break; but do it anyway.

Howie

Old November 28th, 2003, 03:58 AM
Bill Warnock

JS... I started cruising big time about two and half years ago. I
felt the same way... so I started booking back to back aka terminal
turn arounds. In my particular case I never got a price break except
the usual $100.00 comp from my travel agent. I have never considered
getting off one cruise and trying to reboard on a neighboring cruise
line ship that may be in port at the same time.
For me at least that would be kind of a hassle.

On the turn around bookings... I always tried to keep my same cabin
so I could just stay put. Since then... I have booked standard 15
day tours like Hawaii... and even given consideration to some of
those round the world gigs. Then I realized what would be the
condition of my home much less if it still existed upon my return.
(smile) Note: I live in Southern California and nothing is sacred...
:-)

Try a "turn" you might like it.

Best regards

Bill
Old November 28th, 2003, 03:43 PM
BNelson

I have done two seven day back to back cruise to Alaska. Far more relaxing
that just the seven day trip.
Did it on Celebrity - no price break.

Bryan

Old November 28th, 2003, 04:01 PM
JS

Howie,
I was looking at the Legend too, but I wonder about the duplication of
entertainment etc.....

Have you done it before?
JS

Old November 28th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Howard Garland

JS wrote:

Howie,
I was looking at the Legend too, but I wonder about the duplication of
entertainment etc.....

Have you done it before?
JS

Yes, I have done back to backs on the Legend before (last December); and
I loved it. The shows in the main theatre repeat but so what. You can
just relax and spread those shows out over 16-days, instead of running
to a different show every night. Of course, there is lots of live music
on the ship, and this is never the same twice. The menu duplicates, but
the food is awesome, and you can try different dishes each week.

Howie

Old November 28th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Tobie Gerbrandt

We've done 2 back-to-backs in Alaska and one in the Caribbean. The closest
to a "price break" we got was a free tour to El Junque Rain Forest in Puerto
Rico on turn around day when we did the Seaward back-to-back in 1995.

The meals and entertainment were the same, although the Jean Ann Ryan cast
changed the second week. The feature show was Grease and we saw it both
weeks (first week was better).

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Old November 28th, 2003, 07:00 PM
PMM

Hi Bryan

"BNelson" wrote in message
I have done two seven day back to back cruise to Alaska. Far more

relaxing
that just the seven day trip.
Did it on Celebrity - no price break.

Bryan

We did 3 back to back in 2002, Vancouver-Hawaii, Hawaii-Tahiti,
Tahiti-Hawaii and in 2003 Vancouver-Hawaii, Hawaii-Ensenada. The menus
repeated as well as the shows, except for the guest entertainers. The game
shows on board, Newlywed games, Weakest Link, Quest on each cruise used the
exact same questions each time. So if you are slightly crooked, you can
clean up.

PMM