Mariotts Email List Stolen

Old April 5th, 2011, 05:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Mariotts Email List Stolen

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

I got a similar e-mail today from Viking River. Of all the recent
security breaches, this appears to be most benign.

I got one from Best Buy. What they can use the list for is pretend to be
Marriott, Best Buy, your bank or whatever and try to phish you.

--
Charles
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Charles wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

I got a similar e-mail today from Viking River. Of all the recent
security breaches, this appears to be most benign.

I got one from Best Buy. What they can use the list for is pretend to be
Marriott, Best Buy, your bank or whatever and try to phish you.

Which is why whenever I get any e-mail from any of the above, I go to
the website or call the 800 number.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K[_3_]

On 5 Apr 2011 16:07:07 GMT, Charles wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

I got a similar e-mail today from Viking River. Of all the recent
security breaches, this appears to be most benign.

I got one from Best Buy. What they can use the list for is pretend to be
Marriott, Best Buy, your bank or whatever and try to phish you.

I got one from our subscription to GaysRUs.