Blue Angels!

Old July 25th, 2014, 05:39 AM posted to alt.society.liberalism,soc.culture.usa,us.military.navy,rec.travel.air,alt.politics.libertarian
Dänk 42Ø[_2_]

Default Blue Angels!

Though the local air show starts tomorrow, the Blue Angels were
practicing all day today, and while I was out driving they flew right
over the road, so I went down about a mile (near the airport) and parked
and watched them perform the most incredible maneuvers!

I've seen the Blue Angels perform many times before, my favorite being
in San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge, but they are spectacular
whatever the venue. I literally had these jets flying directly over my
head, with barely enough time to read "U.S. NAVY" on the wings as they
whizzed by.

Lately I've felt so bad about what's happened to my country, but the
Blue Angels really perked me up. These pilots are the finest men
(what's left of) our nation has to offer. Go Blue Angels!

"I propose that the United States delivers its astronauts
to the ISS with the help of a trampoline."
-- Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin
Old July 28th, 2014, 08:46 AM posted to alt.society.liberalism,soc.culture.usa,us.military.navy,rec.travel.air,alt.politics.libertarian
A Guy Called Tyketto

In rec.travel.air D?nk 42? wrote:

Lately I've felt so bad about what's happened to my country, but the
Blue Angels really perked me up. These pilots are the finest men
(what's left of) our nation has to offer. Go Blue Angels!

FYI: the Blue Angels are no longer just men.

BL.
--
Brad Littlejohn | Email:
Unix Systems Administrator, |

Web + NewsMaster, BOFH.. Smeghead! |
http://www.wizard.com/~tyketto

Old July 31st, 2014, 03:53 PM posted to alt.society.liberalism,soc.culture.usa,us.military.navy,rec.travel.air,alt.politics.libertarian
a425couple

"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in message...
In rec.travel.air D?nk 42? wrote:
Lately I've felt so bad about what's happened to my country, but the
Blue Angels really perked me up. These pilots are the finest men
(what's left of) our nation has to offer. Go Blue Angels!

FYI: the Blue Angels are no longer just men.
BL.

That is true. Although it appears that so far no female pilot
has flown in a show with them.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...vy-first-woman
"Female USNA grad named to Blue Angels squadron
July 24, 2014
--this week she was named to the U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration
Squadron, also known as the Blue Angels.---
With her first show flight sometime next spring, the 2008 Naval Academy
graduate said she could become first woman to perform in Blue Angels
history."