Staterooms for solo travelers

Old February 8th, 2010, 06:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carolyn G

Default Staterooms for solo travelers

The Norwegian Epic, which debuts in June, will have staterooms for solo
travelers who won't have to pay the single supplement.
The Epic, which launches this summer, will offer 128 studios for
singles. The cabins open onto a lounge area where solo travelers can
socialize.
This was in the Travel section of the St. Petersburg Times (Fl.) Sunday
2-7-10.

They feel there's a large market out there for this. I agree.

Old February 8th, 2010, 07:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee McCauley[_2_]

Carolyn G wrote:
The Norwegian Epic, which debuts in June, will have staterooms for solo
travelers who won't have to pay the single supplement.
The Epic, which launches this summer, will offer 128 studios for
singles. The cabins open onto a lounge area where solo travelers can
socialize.
This was in the Travel section of the St. Petersburg Times (Fl.) Sunday
2-7-10.

They feel there's a large market out there for this. I agree.

Nice! I hope other cruise lines will follow suit! I had to cancel a
cruise in January following major surgery on my spine. I am now praying
that I will be able to cruise on March 9th. My 6 week checkup with my
surgeon is on Feb 25th and I am slowly on the road to recovery. I had
to learn to walk following this operation. I am also booked on the
Oasis in October. Who knows whether these cruises will materialize for
me! My kids seem to think my cruising days are over at age 82. I hope
to prove them wrong.

Ermalee
Old February 8th, 2010, 07:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Island Grampa

"YOU GO, GIRL!!!"

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Old February 8th, 2010, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

ERMALEE:
Good to see you posting again,glad you are doing better,and pray your
children are wrong and you make your upcoming cruises. best of luck
surfer e 2468 (aka) Annie

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonny

"Ermalee McCauley" wrote in message
My kids seem to think my cruising days are over at age 82.

More like 82 going on 40, Erm. Hang in there and keep cruisin'

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Old February 8th, 2010, 09:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Carolyn G wrote:
[...]

And what makes THEM so smart! Obviously they're wrong!

You can't take away a Viking's horns that easily...

Glad you're on the mend and back to posting.

--Tom

Old February 8th, 2010, 09:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carolyn G

I guess I should add that the Norwegian Epic will summer in the
Mediterranean as part of her 2011/2012 deployment. The ship will sail a
seven-day Western Mediteranean itinerary from Barcelona, Spain from May
through Oct. 2011. Ports of call include Florence/Pisa (Livorno); Rome,
Naples, Italy and Palma, Majorca, Spain.
These cruises, along with the ship's Caribbean and transatlantic
sailings for 2011/2012, are on sale now. Mediterranean fares start from
$699.00 per person.
This information came from the Epic's webpage.

Old February 8th, 2010, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Ermalee McCauley wrote:
Carolyn G wrote:
[...]

Ermalee, it is so good seeing you here!!

You will be on the Oasis, no choice about it. If we don't go down to The
Villages precruise, we could arrange to fly out of Philly together. That
way your kids would know you aren't traveling along.

sue
Old February 8th, 2010, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Ermalee McCauley wrote:
I am also booked on the Oasis in October. Who knows whether these
cruises will materialize for me! My kids seem to think my cruising
days are over at age 82. I hope to prove them wrong.

Ermalee

Hang in there, Ermalee, you are doing great on your rehabilitation. I
am very impressed with your typing, for someone who has numbness and
weakness in their hands. I know you can prove them wrong. BTW, if we
had to, we would carry you onto that ship. Cruising is a lot more fun
with you, than without you.

Becca
xoxo
Old February 9th, 2010, 01:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
June[_2_]

Carolyn G wrote:
[...]

NO WAY are you done cruising just because your numbers say 82. NO WAY. My
mom cruised with me up into her late 80's, and some people go on beyond
that. Hope you heal up soon and feel better in time for your cruise.

You know George Bernard Shaw said, "We don't stop playing because we grow
old. We grow old because we stop playing."