Air France pax didn't waste time getting out...or suing

Old August 11th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Dave Smith

Retired wrote:

I still don;t see why the Toronto Authorities cannot fill the
gully with the City's rubbish.
No use stating that the suggestion is rubbish, give facts.

Would would you use to replace it? That airport used to be a long way north west
of the city, long before the wide body jet liners. It sits at the junction of
two major highways, one of them being the busiest stretch of road in the
country. The city has developed around the airport, so they are stuck with the
room they have. Many thousands of flights have landed and taken off there over
the years without overshooting the runway. There is the required buffer zone
past the end of the runway. The alternative is to have no barrier to stop them
from crashing through onto the highway, which would be even more dangerous. It
would be much easier for pilots to touch down closer to the beginning of the
runway instead of coming in at higher speeds and touching down more than half
way down.

Old August 11th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Gregory Morrow

Retired wrote:

I still don;t see why the Toronto Authorities cannot fill the
gully with the City's rubbish.
No use stating that the suggestion is rubbish, give facts.

Duh. "Environmental impact"...???

Read up about "landfills"...it ain't gonna happen at that site.

--
Best
Greg

Old August 11th, 2005, 05:46 AM
mrtravel

Gregory Morrow wrote:
Retired wrote:

I still don;t see why the Toronto Authorities cannot fill the
gully with the City's rubbish.
No use stating that the suggestion is rubbish, give facts.

Duh. "Environmental impact"...???

Read up about "landfills"...it ain't gonna happen at that site.

Why not, look at Mount Trashmore in Virgina
Old August 11th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Stephen Farrow

Retired wrote:
"Stephen Farrow" wrote in message

Stephen Farrow wrote:

Prejudiced against Anglos? ROFL! I *am* an Anglo - I'm British, though I

live

in Toronto (and I am neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident,
though I live here legally).

.................................................. ..........................

I still don;t see why the Toronto Authorities cannot fill the
gully with the City's rubbish.
No use stating that the suggestion is rubbish, give facts.

Oh, come on. It's hardly a deep gully, for a start. If you think *that* runway
is a problem, what would you do about an airport like, say, Madeira?

--

Stephen

Why do people have to spit? That ruined "Titanic" for
me, the spitting. The iceberg couldn't come soon enough
once I saw that.
Old August 11th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Retired

"Dave Smith" wrote in message

That airport used to be a long way north west
of the city, long before the wide body jet liners. It sits at the junction

of
two major highways, one of them being the busiest stretch of road in the
country. The city has developed around the airport, so they are stuck with

the
room they have. Many thousands of flights have landed and taken off there

over
the years without overshooting the runway. There is the required buffer

zone
past the end of the runway.

Point taken, but take Toronto Airport problems and multiply them by x20 and
you have
London Airport Heathrow (LHR)...

retired/uk.

--
Ken Dodd (the Sage of Knotty Ash) once said:
"We British have an advantage over other people
because we're not foreign"

Old August 12th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Gregory Morrow

mrtravel wrote:

Gregory Morrow wrote:
Retired wrote:

I still don;t see why the Toronto Authorities cannot fill the
gully with the City's rubbish.
No use stating that the suggestion is rubbish, give facts.

Duh. "Environmental impact"...???

Read up about "landfills"...it ain't gonna happen at that site.

Why not, look at Mount Trashmore in Virgina

Yeah, that's where they've dumped all your old rta posts...

--
Best
Greg