Lego in, Ikea out when naming Swedish boys

Old June 12th, 2008, 07:40 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_2_]

Default Lego in, Ikea out when naming Swedish boys

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:20:23 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

SFAIK, it's "illegal" most places (as is suicide),

I'm not so sure about suicide. Assisting a suicide maybe, but topping
yourself is a different matter.
--
Tim C.
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_2_]

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:27:50 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:40:31 +0200, "Tim C." wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:20:23 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

SFAIK, it's "illegal" most places (as is suicide),

I'm not so sure about suicide. Assisting a suicide maybe, but topping
yourself is a different matter.

Are you speaking from experience?

Oops. I just lock people in cellars. so watchit mate :-)

Suicide is apparently not illegal in the US, Canada, Germany and Austria at
least. I'm not sure about the UK, but I think that law was revokes ages ago
as well.

--
Tim C.
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Tim C. wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:20:23 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

SFAIK, it's "illegal" most places (as is suicide),

I'm not so sure about suicide. Assisting a suicide maybe, but topping
yourself is a different matter.

I think it is, most places in the U.S. (although how they'd go about
prosecuting the successful practitioners.....);-)

There are a great many laws "on the books" which have little practical
application.
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Magda wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:13:34 +0200, in rec.travel.europe, "Tim C."
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:27:50 +0200, Martin wrote:
... On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:40:31 +0200, "Tim C." wrote:
... On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:20:23 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
... SFAIK, it's "illegal" most places (as is suicide),
... I'm not so sure about suicide. Assisting a suicide maybe, but topping
... yourself is a different matter.
... Are you speaking from experience?
... Oops. I just lock people in cellars. so watchit mate :-)
... Suicide is apparently not illegal in the US, Canada, Germany and Austria at
... least. I'm not sure about the UK, but I think that law was revokes ages ago
... as well.

And where it's "illegal"... Do they sue the corpses?

Arrest, try and imprison them, of course!
Old June 13th, 2008, 10:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_2_]

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:21:50 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Tim C. wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:20:23 -0700, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

SFAIK, it's "illegal" most places (as is suicide),

I'm not so sure about suicide. Assisting a suicide maybe, but topping
yourself is a different matter.

I think it is, most places in the U.S. (although how they'd go about
prosecuting the successful practitioners.....);-)

There are a great many laws "on the books" which have little practical
application.

It's all an urban myth. Show me a reliable reference to the law that makes
(attempted) suicide illegal in the US or the UK. I can't find one. All I
can find are references that say the US never had a federal law, and no
states currently have such a law.

--
Tim C.
Old June 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike........[_3_]

Following up to Tim C.

Suicide is apparently not illegal in the US, Canada, Germany and Austria at
least. I'm not sure about the UK, but I think that law was revokes ages ago
as well.

it was, along with being gay and capital punishment. To be replaced with
racism, sexism etc drug taking and driving at over 70mph. So don't drive at
80mph while discriminating and high on laudnum. Instead, commit suicide in
a pink getaway car at 60mph escaping from your life sentence, er, this isnt
really making sense, is it?

Actually I would like clarification on naming swedish *girls* Lego?
--
"Mike....."(not "Mike")
remove clothing to email
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_2_]

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:06:10 +0100, Mike........ wrote:

Following up to Tim C.

Suicide is apparently not illegal in the US, Canada, Germany and Austria at
least. I'm not sure about the UK, but I think that law was revokes ages ago
as well.

it was, along with being gay and capital punishment. To be replaced with
racism, sexism etc drug taking and driving at over 70mph. So don't drive at
80mph while discriminating and high on laudnum. Instead, commit suicide in
a pink getaway car at 60mph escaping from your life sentence, er, this isnt
really making sense, is it?

No, not really. I'd sit down and have a nice cup of tea if I were you Mike.
:-)

Actually I would like clarification on naming swedish *girls* Lego?

Now that's more interesting.

--
Tim C.