How can I get a flu shot in Canada

Old October 24th, 2004, 06:17 AM
Chris the Liberal

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message ...
They are available for high risk patients. I got one two weeks ago at
my local supermarket but it took three hours. However the clinic where
my doctor practices will only give them to priority individuals who are
already patients of a doctor at the clinic.

Shots are available but it is work to figure out the system even if you
are a priority patient. Of course if you are a Congress Scum ---

Or a member of the Chicago Bears football team.....

Old October 24th, 2004, 08:55 AM
John Ramsay

According to last night's CTV news, for
$105- you can fly from Seattle
to Vancouver with a flu shot
included. Excess vaccine supplies
supposed to last until December.

In Niagara region there's also a private
clinic in Fort Erie across the border
from Buffalo that's charging
about $50- a shot.

Check with a travel agent. It was travel
agents who set up the Seattle-Vanvouver deal.

samuel wrote:

I am high risk, asthmatic. I have been told that I can get a flu shot
across the border from Niagra with a number at the urgent care. Is
that true? Can I get an appointment with a Dr. or clinic in Quebec
province close to New York? In Montreal? I will fly to Vancouver
where I heard you can get them at the airport. Does anyone know the
logistics?

I was very sick last year and couldn't breathe for months, please let
me know how to go about doing this.

Thank you.

Old October 24th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Mark Brader

John Ramsay writes:
According to last night's CTV news, for $105- you can fly from Seattle
to Vancouver with a flu shot included.

Er, no, actually that's a ferry to Victoria.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1098547481695_2/?hub=TopStories
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "I asked you for a *good* reason,
Old October 24th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Frank F. Matthews

An interesting range of US experience Chris. Five years ago I had a
very different experience. About 10 days after having an initial
symptom that immediately evaporated I also was diagnosed with a bladder
tumor. Indeed, at one point, I was told there would be a wait to see
the urologist. However, there was an appointment the next day with the
urology assistant. The result was as I expected. The assistant saw
something wrong and immediately trotted down the hall and brought back a
urologist. Result an operation 20 hours later. All in all a good
result from a bad possibility for a very tenuous symptom. Now I have a
very good doctor -- did I mention that she saw mw without an appointment
when I came in -- who works in a very good clinic. They also have a
good staff who pushed through the paper work with the insurer and
hospital very rapidly. With someone else it could well have been different.

Chris the Liberal wrote:

anonymous wrote in message ...

Claim Guy wrote:

We've got Americans coming up here in droves for prescription drugs

and flu

vaccines and we are supposed to envy the US system.

and we've got canadian subjects coming down here in droves to get health
care they can't wait months to get.

You don't seem to live in the US.
I was found to have a bladder tumor, and it was 3 months before I could
even get in to a urologist to see what the problem was.
So don't give us any s**t about Canadian delays in health care.

Old October 24th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Rudy

Osoyoos BC, just north of Oroville WA. Doctors visit (fee incl) and shot $
40.00 USD