Travel from London to Waterford

Old November 20th, 2009, 02:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Cathy L[_5_]

Default Travel from London to Waterford

Can anyone tell me the least expensive way to go from London to
Waterford, Ireland?

Cathy L
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_4_]

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me the least expensive way to go from London to
Waterford, Ireland?

Cathy L

The same site as before.
http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx
GBP 61 open return. Change in Dublin.
--
JohnT

Old November 22nd, 2009, 02:12 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
DaveB

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me the least expensive way to go from London to
Waterford, Ireland?

Cathy L

Ryanair often has cheap flights from London - Dublin, they're advertising a
5 pound fare to many places in January/ February. It'll most likely cost
you much more by bus to Stansted and from Dublin - Waterford than the air
fare. I did Aer Lingus on a 1 pound fare Heathrow-Dublin three or four
years ago, that's when taxes weren't included in the fare and I paid about
20 pounds extra on top of that. Nowadays i believe taxes have to be
included in the advertised fare, but airlines such as Ryanair have those
nasty little extras like very low carryon luggage limits, extra charges for
checked bags and insurance options which you must check carefully before
deciding whether they offer any benefit to you.

regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old November 22nd, 2009, 03:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Cathy L[_5_]

John,

That looks like a great idea! We will plan to take the train and boat
to Ireland.

We will be taking a nine day Cosmos bus trip around the UK, next May.
We then plan about a two week drive around Ireland. We are in no
particular hurry.

We actually want to visit Wicklow, not Waterford. The only problem we
see is renting a car at the ferry terminals. We will probably take the
ferry to Dublin, stay overnight and go to Budget rent a car in the
morning.

The plan is to fly from JFK to London and then fly home from Shannon.

Cathy L

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:50:04 -0000, "JohnT"
wrote:

.. .

Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Barney

On Nov 20, 2:47*pm, Cathy L wrote:
Can anyone tell me the least expensive way to go from London to
Waterford, Ireland?

Cathy L

Aer Arann flies direct from London Luton - can be as little as 25-30
pounds one-way.
Old November 28th, 2009, 01:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim....

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me the least expensive way to go from London to
Waterford, Ireland?

walk

hitch

bike

HTH

tim

Old November 28th, 2009, 02:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_3_]

tim.... wrote on Sat, 28 Nov 2009 13:39:02 -0000:

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me the least expensive way to go from London
to Waterford, Ireland?

walk

hitch

bike