Opinions: Southern Caribbean Cruise

Old February 13th, 2010, 11:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

Default Opinions: Southern Caribbean Cruise

On 2/13/2010 11:27 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:
When we go to our travel agent,she is glad to see us because she knows
we have all the information she will need,we know exactly what cruise we
are taking,what cruise line,what ship,what cabin,which dining time, all
she has to do is book it. We do all the work,she reaps the credit.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

Does she give *you* credit (i.e. a discount or an OBC) as many online
travel agencies do, based on the the volume and other discounts they get
from the cruise lines? Or do you really believe she can beat the best
online price for the cruise you selected?
Old February 14th, 2010, 04:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Our travel agent looks to see if there are any benefits we should
get,and then gets them,even tho we know what we want

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 14th, 2010, 10:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Stefan Patric[_3_]

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 08:00:06 -0600, Stu wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 05:52:54 GMT, Stefan Patric
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:58:45 -0500, Bill wrote:

On 2/10/2010 10:33 PM, Stefan Patric wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:50:30 -0500, Brian K wrote:

Better still, a savvy travel agent specializing in cruises would be
able to tailor a cruise booking to your friends specific needs.
There are things that travel-bots can do, but so far they can't talk
to you and offer options based on a conversation with you.

They do intend to use an agent once they are ready to book the trip.
Right now, they are still doing research. I think both are a little
overwhelmed with all that's available.

Stef

Why not use one now so they can actually talk to the agent and speak
for themselves instead of channeling through you? The agent won't
charge them for their knowledge or information so why not contact them
now?

I asked the same thing. They, really the future husband, whom I've know
for almost 20 years, told me he never likes to enter any situation
unprepared. Actually, I think, he doesn't trust anyone who works on
commission.

Stef

Probably because they have a vested interest in the outcome, such as
their income and keeping their job by providing income for the company.
I walk in furniture stores or electronic stores, I usually tell the
sales people right off I don't need their help. This usually because
I've done my research, and know exactually what I want. But that's just
me, others may need help.

When I'm buying, I go fully researched, too, except I usually play dumb,
but not dishonest, to evaluate the sales associate's integrity.

Caveat emptor.

Stef
Old February 16th, 2010, 04:40 AM
BlackEyes BlackEyes is offline
Banned

I have been experiencing the Caribbean with the Royal Caribbean cruise line for quite some time now and I have to say that from all the cruise lines that I have tried going to that same location, I have enjoyed most are the vessels from the Royal Caribbean. I have always reserved a balcony room and it is one of the best. It is not cheap but the comfort and luxury that you can feel in it is awesome. The food is great even when we are still in the boat and even better around the areas of San Juan...

Last edited by BlackEyes : February 16th, 2010 at 04:44 AM.