Dubrovnik Airport Taxi

Old November 26th, 2017, 04:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_3_]

Default Dubrovnik Airport Taxi

My wife and I are going to arrive at the Dubrovnik airport and will
need to take a taxi to our hotel, I won't have any Kuna.

Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If not, will they take Euros, at a
reasonable exchange rate?

Or would I be best off getting Kuna from an ATM in the airport? Our
hotel is the Valamar Lacroma Resort, Iva Dulcica 34. About how much in
Kuna should I expect the ride to cost?
Old December 1st, 2017, 09:12 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 3:20:40 PM UTC, Ken Blake wrote:
My wife and I are going to arrive at the Dubrovnik airport and will
need to take a taxi to our hotel, I won't have any Kuna.

Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If not, will they take Euros, at a
reasonable exchange rate?

Or would I be best off getting Kuna from an ATM in the airport? Our
hotel is the Valamar Lacroma Resort, Iva Dulcica 34. About how much in
Kuna should I expect the ride to cost?

It's a short trip, maybe 30 minutes?
Kuna would be easiest.
I'd guess about 300 Kuna.
There's a cheaper bus service if you wanted that.
Old December 1st, 2017, 05:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_3_]

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 00:12:37 -0800 (PST), Surreyman
wrote:

On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 3:20:40 PM UTC, Ken Blake wrote:

My wife and I are going to arrive at the Dubrovnik airport and will
need to take a taxi to our hotel, I won't have any Kuna.

Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If not, will they take Euros, at a
reasonable exchange rate?

Or would I be best off getting Kuna from an ATM in the airport? Our
hotel is the Valamar Lacroma Resort, Iva Dulcica 34. About how much in
Kuna should I expect the ride to cost?

It's a short trip, maybe 30 minutes?
Kuna would be easiest.
I'd guess about 300 Kuna.
There's a cheaper bus service if you wanted that.

Thanks. I'd like to avoid getting Kuna if possible, since I would end
up with some left over that I wouldn't know what to do with (or else
convert them to Euros at the airport when I leave, at a loss.)

So, let me repeat my questions: Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If
not, will they take Euros, at a reasonable exchange rate?
Old December 2nd, 2017, 12:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 17:02:29 UTC+1 schrieb Ken Blake:

So, let me repeat my questions: Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If
not, will they take Euros, at a reasonable exchange rate?

Why don't you ask here? http://www.dubrovnikairporttaxi.com/
Too hard to find?

Old December 2nd, 2017, 06:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
johnt

wrote in message
Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 17:02:29 UTC+1 schrieb Ken Blake:

So, let me repeat my questions: Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If
not, will they take Euros, at a reasonable exchange rate?

Why don't you ask here? http://www.dubrovnikairporttaxi.com/
Too hard to find?

They quote prices in Euros so it seems reasonable to assume that they accept
them as a form of payment.

--
JohnT

Old December 2nd, 2017, 09:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_3_]

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 17:49:59 -0000, "johnt"
wrote:

wrote in message

Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 17:02:29 UTC+1 schrieb Ken Blake:

So, let me repeat my questions: Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If
not, will they take Euros, at a reasonable exchange rate?

Why don't you ask here? http://www.dubrovnikairporttaxi.com/
Too hard to find?

They quote prices in Euros so it seems reasonable to assume that they accept
them as a form of payment.

Yes, but they aren't really a taxi service, which is what I asked
about. They are a prebooked transfer service.

Still, 35€ seems like a good price and I may use them .
Old December 3rd, 2017, 11:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Am Samstag, 2. Dezember 2017 21:04:18 UTC+1 schrieb Ken Blake:

Yes, but they aren't really a taxi service, which is what I asked
about.

They call themselves Airport taxi http://www.dubrovnikairporttaxi.com/about-us.php but maybe
they aren't real taxi.

They are a prebooked transfer service.

In many places in Europe, you
may prebook taxis and you must prebook
other wet-leased cars.

Regards, ULF
Old December 3rd, 2017, 06:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Athel Cornish-Bowden

wrote:

wrote in message

Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 17:02:29 UTC+1 schrieb Ken Blake:

So, let me repeat my questions: Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If

not, will they take Euros, at a reasonable exchange rate?

Why don't you ask here? http://www.dubrovnikairporttaxi.com/

Too hard to find?

They quote prices in Euros so it seems reasonable to assume that they accept

them as a form of payment.

Yes, but they aren't really a taxi service, which is what I asked

about. They are a prebooked transfer service.

Still, 35€ seems like a good price and I may use them .

If you do use a taxi, order one from the official taxi service in the
airport. That way the price will be fixed at the outset and you won't
get any nasty surprises when you arrive. Four years ago we did that in
St Petersburg, and although the price was a little higher than some of
the cowboy operators were advertising that's what it actually cost.
Friends of ours who went to the same hotel as we did but used a cowboy
taxi paid five times as much as we did. Dubrovnik may be more civilized
than St Petersburg, but I wouldn't count on it. You can ask when you
book it what sort of payment they accept. If it turns out to be
Croatian money only then at that moment you can get some from a machine.

--
athel

Old December 3rd, 2017, 08:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_3_]

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

OK, thanks. I'm leaning toward the
http://www.dubrovnikairporttaxi.com/ service, but we'll see.

Old December 3rd, 2017, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

wrote:

wrote in message
Am Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 17:02:29 UTC+1 schrieb Ken Blake:

So, let me repeat my questions: Do taxi drivers take credit cards? If
not, will they take Euros, at a reasonable exchange rate?

Why don't you ask here? http://www.dubrovnikairporttaxi.com/
Too hard to find?

They quote prices in Euros so it seems reasonable to assume that they accept
them as a form of payment.

Yes, but they aren't really a taxi service, which is what I asked
about. They are a prebooked transfer service.

Still, 35€ seems like a good price and I may use them .

Maybe there are Ubers there?

Or some regional phone app. rideshare service?