The Blues Bar, Soho

Old March 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM posted to uk.local.london,rec.travel.europe

Default The Blues Bar, Soho

In a few weeks me and a few mates of mine are planning to travel down
from where we live (Sheffield) to London to spend a weekend. A friend
of mine likes the sound of the Blues Bar (20 Kingly Street, Soho,
London, W1B 5PZ). I was wondering if anybody could recommend it or if
they have any critisms on this bar. I have checked out the official
website (http://www.aintnothinbut.co.uk/) and have read various
feedback left on websites so i would appreiciate any comments.

Many Thanks,

Ben

Old March 10th, 2006, 11:41 PM posted to uk.local.london,rec.travel.europe

Sorry the name of the Blues bar is "Ain't Nothin But". It opened
October 1993. It is situated immediately behind Hamleys / Liberty in
Regent Street

Closest Tube: Oxford Circus / Piccadilly Circus

Old March 11th, 2006, 03:14 AM posted to uk.local.london,rec.travel.europe

Hi Ben,

I actually walk past this bar every night, and about 2 or 3 nights of
the week there is a line outside... I've been inside too, it's quiet
small. enough space for the band, and a few handfuls of people... There
isn't a lot of seating so if you plan on spending most the night there,
get there early to grab your seats. I can't remember if there's an
entrance fee on the door or not. As to wether its worth going or not,
i guess that really depends on who's playing!

If you need accommodation there's a hostel nearby called Piccadilly
Hostel (www.piccadillyhotel.net) or otherwise check out HostelMania
(www.hostelmania.com) for cheap places to stay the weekend in London.

You might be interested checking out some blues playing at Ronnie
Scotts in soho (famous jazz place) - my tip would be to reserve 2 weeks
in advance. (http://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/)

Hope this helps

Old March 11th, 2006, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.local.london

On Mar 11, 2006 wrote:

You might be interested checking out some blues playing at Ronnie
Scotts in soho (famous jazz place) - my tip would be to reserve 2 weeks
in advance. (
http://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/)

After tonight's (Saturday's) gig Ronnie Scotts will be closed for refurbishment
until some time in May.

Jack
Old March 11th, 2006, 09:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.local.london

"Jolly Jack Tar" wrote in message

On Mar 11, 2006 wrote:

You might be interested checking out some blues playing at Ronnie
Scotts in soho (famous jazz place) - my tip would be to reserve 2 weeks
in advance. (
http://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/)

After tonight's (Saturday's) gig Ronnie Scotts will be closed for
refurbishment
until some time in May

the club is going to "take five" and all that jazz

Old March 12th, 2006, 09:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.local.london

"Trigger" wrote in message

the club is going to "take five" and all that jazz

"I went to the doctor and asked him to give me something for a creaky hip
joint. He gave me two tickets for Ronnie Scott's!"

Ian

Old March 12th, 2006, 12:55 PM posted to uk.local.london,rec.travel.europe

Many Thanks for the help