Suggested Tour Company for a Costa Rica Trip

Old January 3rd, 2005, 03:08 AM
Dario Wolfish

Default Suggested Tour Company for a Costa Rica Trip

I would like your input and recommendation of a tour company to book my trip
to Costa Rica. My airfare is covered under frequent flyer miles; hence, I
need a tour company to book hotels, transportation, tours, activities etc.
Listed below is a proposed itinerary including activities that I hope to do
in Costa Rica.

Please post or email me your comments and suggestions about my itinerary as
well as a suggested tour company to book this trip. I am looking for a tour
company that will do a thorough job, provide great service, and book this
trip for as cheap as possible.

I thank you for your help.

-------------------------------------------Proposed
Itinerary-------------------------------------------------------

13 MAR Arrive San Jose: 10:00 AM SAN JOSE ARRIVAL TRANSFER

13 MAR Preferred Hotel: GRANO DE ORO HOTEL-Standard Room 2 Nights

13 MAR SAN JOSE HALF DAY CITY TOUR (4H)

This tour immerses you in the rich Costa Rican culture and history by
experiencing the beautiful museums and historical sites of San Jose. It
begins with orientation and drive through San Jose beautiful Sabana Park, we
will take a walking tour through the historic National Theater completed in
1897 the theater is a master piece in art and architecture.

Afterwards we will visit one of the many unique museums of Costa Rica.

We'll continue heading to the University of Costa Rica the Supreme Court and
various sites of interest. A brief stop will be made in Moravia allowing you
to browse through the beautiful craft shops located in this area.

14 MAR RIVER RAFTING AT REVENTAZON CLASS III (8H) INC. LUNCH

Experience the thrill of white water rafting. The scenery while rafting is
just marvelous. The vegetation that will surround you plus the power of the
waters of the river will transport you into a great wild adventure. The
equipment will be given and a specialized guide will instruct you on how to
manage yourself into the strong currents of the river.

15 MAR Preferred Hotel: Tabacon Hot Springs-Regular Room,
Alternative Hotel- Adrenal Lodge-Chalet Room OR Montana del Fuego OR Lost
Iguana- 3 DAYS

15 MAR ARENAL VOLCANO + TABACON SPRINGS (FULL DAY) INC. DINNER

The visit to the most active Volcano and the opportunity to relax in the hot
springs of the Tabacon Resort & Spa will offer an unforgettable experience.
One of the most popular tours in Costa Rica. In route towards the volcano we
will pass by the Town of Zarcero to visit its park and enjoy a delicious
typical lunch. We will continue to Ciudad Quesada capital of the region of
San Carlos, zone specialized in cattle ranch and agriculture, later on you
will arrive at La Fortuna the closest town to the Volcano where in a cleared
day you will have the opportunity to admire the majestic colossus. Costa
Rica's most active volcano periodically erupts, rumbling as it sends clouds
of smoke and ash into the sky. Witness the spectacle of the Volcano at
night, watching the red lava snake down the mountain and illuminating the
sky like a magnificent display of fireworks. Take time out to relax in the
thermal Hot Springs and naturally heated Jacuzzis at Tabacon Resort, so
close that you will feel he rumblings of the Volcano.

16 MAR CANO NEGRO WILDLIFE REFUGE (6H) INC. LUNCH

The Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge and the Rio Frio are biological humid areas
considered to be one of the richest in biological diversity in Costa Rica.
You will observe a great variety of resident and migratory birds plus three
different species of monkeys, also iguanas, sloths, turtles and caymans.
Departing at 7:30am when we pick up all the "Nature Lovers" from the hotel
in a very comfortable bus for the 1 1/2 hour Transfer to Los Chiles a
culturally mixed village only 4 km from the Nicaraguan border. Here your
boat waits for your river adventure, at that time we begin our 4 hour
floating safari through Tropical Rain Forest and pastures until we arrive at
the marsh. An experienced English-Spanish speaking guide leads the tour.

17 MAR MOUNTAIN BIKING TOUR (5H) INC. LUNCH

Starting from the Arenal Lake, where we take an old trail into the forest.
At the end of the trail we will arrive at the entrance of the Arenal Volcano
National Park and then get on the way to the Observatory and back in the
main road. On this way we will have the chance to see many bird lives
variety. Tour Includes bike, transportation, refreshments, water and
cookies.

18 MAR TRANSFER ARENAL - MONTEVERDE

18 MAR Preferred Hotel: EL ESTABLO HOTEL- 2 Nights

18 MAR SELVATURA ADVENTURE, HANGING BRIDGES / BUTTERFLY SANCTUARY
(3H)

A conservation project with over seven hundred acres of protected land,
dedicated to the delight entertainment of our visitors. Selvatura you will
enjoy all the adventure of the Cloud Forest has to offer, you will be
thrilled at our exciting Canopy Tour which is the longest and the best
Canopy Tour in Costa Rica, also you will be able to walk through the virgin
rain forest and enjoy its beauties through our Canopy Walkways.

If you have had all the excitement you need you will love the peace that our
butterfly garden has to offer with more than 50 species of butterflies
living in their natural habitat.

19 MAR SELVATURA CANOPY + SKY TRECK ADVENTURE TOUR (6H)

Our canopy tour in the only canopy tour entirely built inside the virgin
cloud forest with a total of 18 zip lines. In our tour the visitor will
travel between our 20 platforms and over 2 miles of cables attached by a top
security harness and a maximum weight support pulley plus a lot of other
security gear to ensure that the safest experience is provided. At all times
there sill be guides that will assist your on the techniques of the tour
where our visitors will be able to watch the forest from its unique canopy
perspective.

The Sky Trek is a secure system of trails and zip lines, in the Monteverde
Cloud Forest offers visitors the opportunity to observe and appreciate the
nature from different vantage points. It is similar to other canopy tours in
Costa Rica, but incorporates some significant differences such as being of
larger scale, metal platforms and steel rails which prevent falling of
sliding. The tour includes 4544 feet of trails, eleven transversal cables
from 131 feet to 2525 feet long a panoramic view 360 degrees of the
Guanacaste San Carlos and Puntarenas lowlands.

20 MAR TRANSFER MONTEVERDE - MANUEL ANTONIO

20 MAR Preferred Hotel: La Mariposa, Alternative Hotel-Costa Verde
Hotel- 3 Nights

20 MAR Hiking-Beach Time-DAY AT LEISURE

21 MAR HALF DAY MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL PARK (3H)

Have an experienced nature guide take you on an informative hike through the
park.

Our guides know where you are most likely to encounter sloths, monkeys etc.
they will also provide a great deal of information on the history during
this easy 2 1/2 hour walk.

Mid tour snacks and refreshments are offered and guests may remain in the
park after the tour.

22 MAR HALF DAY GUIDED RAIN FOREST HORSEBACK TOUR

This horseback riding tour is a half day, through a typical Costa Rican area
called Villa Nueva, where you will have a good opportunity to see the local
country side and jungle.

This excellent tour is 30 minute driving from Quepos and includes 1 1/2
hours riding also don't forget your gating suit to take a swim in a
beautiful waterfall on the way. For birdwatchers we recommend going in the
afternoon for a better chance to see toucans and some other exotic birds.

23 MAR FLIGHT QUEPOS - SAN JOSE- Leave San Jose 5:20 PM

Price includes:

Daily breakfast

Taxes