Cave tubing

Old January 15th, 2004, 04:25 AM
bill jones

Default Cave tubing

Will be in Belize in July with wife and 12 y/o daughter. Cave tubing looks
fun but according to the Carnival literature, is real strenuous. Would be
interested in hearing any experiances, suggestions or recomendations on this
or prospective vendors. Ship booked tours are always more expensive but
sometimes worth it.

Old January 15th, 2004, 05:15 AM

Have not personally experienced cave tubing, ( am going next month ) but
judging by some of the photos I've seen on various web sites I can't imagine
it being overly strenuous.
http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/CaveTubingBelize.htm

seen quite a few good posts for a guide named reggie, might want to check
his site out also :
http://www.regtour.com/

Sounds like we could be on the same ship, ( Elation ? ) if that's the case
let me know if you would like an update when I return ? I have a 13 and 16
y/o that are also going.

Old January 15th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Richard Bornstein

Cave tubing is great and fine for the family. Not strenuous at all if you
are able to stroll for about 1/2 mile through a path in the rainforest. I
took the tour by Reggie www.regtours.com and it was even better than the
cruise except you don't stop for lunch. It is $20 cheaper than the
cruiships.

Old January 15th, 2004, 08:25 AM
JLeary256

I have cave tubed with Reggie. A great tour!!! There is an initial uphill
climb after crossing the river but the rest of the walk is fairly level. Good
footwear is necessary with old sneakers probably the best. The river bottom is
all rocks and some swift moving water. Water levels vary considerably
depending on season. I would be certain your 12 year old is totally
independent and can carry their own tube, swim and paddle on their own.
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Mike

Will be in Belize in July with wife and 12 y/o daughter. Cave tubing looks
fun but according to the Carnival literature, is real strenuous. Would be
interested in hearing any experiances, suggestions or recomendations on this
or prospective vendors. Ship booked tours are always more expensive but
sometimes worth it.

I took the cave tubing tour off the Enchantment of the Seas on Christmas day.
There was nothing particularly strenuous about either the tubing itself or the
jungle hike preceeding it. It was a sunny day, temperature probably around 80
F.

However, the river was down and if you were interested in moving at a good
clip, some paddling was required. While most of the people in the groups I saw
were adults (I am 60), I did see some preteens. While they were sticking close
to an adult, they we in no danger. The tour operator supplies life vests to
those who want/need them.

The tour description said the minimum age was 12, but my ten year old daughter
could have handled it nicely. Wish I had brought her along.

Mike
Old January 17th, 2004, 04:09 PM
bill jones

Thanks for all the info. Contacted Reggie and it looks like that's the way
to go. If I can help anyone with info, let me know.

Old January 17th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Helen

We booked out cave tubing with Xstream cave tubing. They were cheaper then
Reggie, go to minimum of 2 caves and have really great reviews from what
I've read online and heard.

--
Helen

Old January 18th, 2004, 03:01 PM
JLeary256

We booked out cave tubing with Xstream cave tubing. They were cheaper then
Reggie, go to minimum of 2 caves and have really great reviews from what
I've read online and heard.

Reggie also does the 2 cave systems.
Old January 18th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Helen