bicycle traffic lights

Old August 9th, 2011, 05:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default bicycle traffic lights

On 08/09/2011 03:10 PM, Johannes Kleese wrote:
Tom P wrote:
The photo, taken in Malmö Sweden apparently shows a traffic light with
an extra light for bicycles.

Do these exist anywhere else?

Yes, in Germany: Kiel, Hamburg, Berlin and I'm sure in other cities, too.

I should have said that the thing that intrigued me is that the cycle
traffic light is bright blue.

Old August 9th, 2011, 06:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Johannes Kleese

Tom P wrote:
The photo, taken in Malmö Sweden apparently shows a traffic light with
an extra light for bicycles.

Do these exist anywhere else?

Yes, in Germany: Kiel, Hamburg, Berlin and I'm sure in other cities, too.

I should have said that the thing that intrigued me is that the cycle
traffic light is bright blue.

If a simple blue sign on top of the other three intrigued you, what
about this one in Berlin?

http://images.wikia.nocookie.net/fah...l_mit_Herz.jpg
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 131

martin found one of his favorite threads

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 11:09:12 +0100, Mike Lane
wrote:

Martin wrote on Aug 9, 2011:

On 9 Aug 2011 08:23:55 GMT, "Erick T. Barkhuis"
wrote:

Tom P:

I came across this picture in Facebook:
http://tinyurl.com/44tdbg8

The photo, taken in Malmö Sweden apparently shows a traffic light
with an extra light for bicycles.

Do these exist anywhere else?

If you like that, then how about the four-way-green lights for
bicyclists in several dutch cities?
http://tinyurl.com/3lz3v36

and that most Dutch cyclists ignore traffic lights and traffic rules.

As they do in the UK.

Not quite.
--

Martin

Old August 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mark Brader

Tom P.:
The photo, taken in Malmö Sweden apparently shows a traffic light
with an extra light for bicycles.

Jesper Lauridsen:
They're quite common. Some places also have lights for pedestrians.

Somewhere at home I have a picture taken in Geneva showing a traffic
signal with 7 lamps lit. There were separate signals for cars, taxis,
buses, bicycles, and of course pedestrians -- and two of them had a
red-and-yellow phase.

It was on Rue des Alpes, if anyone would like to look for it in Google
Street View. Probably around coordinates 46.21,6.145
--
Mark Brader | "Europe contains a great many cathedrals, which were
Toronto | caused by the Middle Ages, which means they are very old,
Old August 9th, 2011, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
Tom P:

I came across this picture in Facebook:
http://tinyurl.com/44tdbg8

The photo, taken in Malmö Sweden apparently shows a traffic light
with an extra light for bicycles.

Do these exist anywhere else?

If you like that, then how about the four-way-green lights for
bicyclists in several dutch cities?
http://tinyurl.com/3lz3v36

One assumes other traffic is STOPPED in all four directions? ;-) (I'm
not sure any still do, but many US cities used to do that for pedestrian
traffic - three cycles; N-S vehicles, E-W vehicles, and four-way
pedestrian traffic.)
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erick T. Barkhuis[_3_]

Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
Tom P:

I came across this picture in Facebook:
http://tinyurl.com/44tdbg8

If you like that, then how about the four-way-green lights for
bicyclists in several dutch cities?
http://tinyurl.com/3lz3v36

One assumes other traffic is STOPPED in all four directions? ;-)

One assumes correctly.

--
Erick
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 08/10/2011 01:00 AM, Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
Tom wrote in
:

I came across this picture in Facebook:
http://tinyurl.com/44tdbg8

The photo, taken in Malmö Sweden apparently shows a traffic light with
an extra light for bicycles.

Do these exist anywhere else?

Yes, here in Berlin.

Ok you're right, here's a picture of one in Berlin:
http://tinyurl.com/3cf3mj3

The only ones I'm familiar with look like this:
http://tinyurl.com/3ngtgly

Old August 11th, 2011, 02:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:07:51 +0200, Tom P wrote:
Ok you're right, here's a picture of one in Berlin:
http://tinyurl.com/3cf3mj3

The only ones I'm familiar with look like this:
http://tinyurl.com/3ngtgly

To me that's pretty much the same.
Old August 12th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Dorothy456 Dorothy456 is offline