Reykjavík Airport - taking out cash on Debit Card

Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Geddes[_2_]

Default Reykjavík Airport - taking out cash on Debit Card

My daughter is part of a group traveling to Iceland from the UK later in
the month.

She is too young for a credit card, but does have a Maestro debit card.
With Icelandic Krona difficult to obtain (in our part of the UK at
least), the best bet would be for her to take out cash on arrival at
Reykjavík Airport - as long as there are a reasonable number of ATMs and
as long as they accept Maestro cards.

Has anyone taken out money there on a Maestro card?

John Geddes
England
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bert Hyman

In John Geddes
wrote:

She is too young for a credit card, but does have a Maestro debit card.
With Icelandic Krona difficult to obtain (in our part of the UK at
least), the best bet would be for her to take out cash on arrival at
Reykjavík Airport - as long as there are a reasonable number of ATMs and
as long as they accept Maestro cards.

You can find Maestro/MasterCard/Cirrus ATMs at

http://www.mastercard.com/

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mister B

On Jul 2, 6:58*pm, John Geddes wrote:
My daughter is part of a group traveling to Iceland from the UK later in
the month.

She is too young for a credit card, but does have a Maestro debit card.
With Icelandic Krona difficult to obtain (in our part of the UK at
least), the best bet would be for her to take out cash on arrival at
Reykjavík Airport - as long as there are a reasonable number of ATMs and
as long as they accept Maestro cards.

Has anyone taken out money there on a Maestro card?

John Geddes
England

Yes - I did that, as I needed Krona to pay for the bus to town. The
airport is quite well supplied with services.

Hope she enjoys her trip - Iceland is fantastic!!

B;
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"John Geddes" wrote in message
My daughter is part of a group traveling to Iceland from the UK later in
the month.

She is too young for a credit card, but does have a Maestro debit card.
With Icelandic Krona difficult to obtain (in our part of the UK at least),
the best bet would be for her to take out cash on arrival at Reykjavík
Airport - as long as there are a reasonable number of ATMs and

There is one outside, and a very long line waiting to use it (I gave up and
drove into town with no money)

There is also (at least) one airside so it might be advisable to use that.

tim