PERTH WA

Old November 17th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Gerrit 't Hart

Default PERTH WA

"Melstar" wrote in message
Hi Gerrit,
I had it on authority that the caves were really cool too!
We have scheduled this in for our trip!
Thanks!
Mel

Mel

Take it from me, I have lived in WA for 50 years and the caves in the
Yanchep National Park are not very special or very big.

The caves around Margaret River in the south west of the state are much,
much,much better!
In the extreme south west there is the cave at Yallingup, the lake Cave and
the Mammoth Cave near Margaret River and the Jewel Cave near Augusta. These
are all worth visiting.

Have a good trip.
Gerrit

Old November 18th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Jim

Freeo is worth a visit even if you don't eat F@C. The Freeo "Doctor" (cool
wind) is always welcome on a stinking hot day in Perth. Cicrellos used to be
much lower key than it was 12 months ago, a little upmarket for the
commoners like me Still , excellent food at a reasonable price. I don't
know of any comparable places on this side of the beach.
Perth only has one drawback. Its so far away from the "rest of Australia"
that its almost a foreign country Of course the sandgropers think that
we're the foreign country )

Colin wrote in message
The Pinnacles are worth seeing and you must visit Freemantle and have Fish
and Chips at Cicrellos - delicous.

Colin

"Melstar" wrote in message
My family and I are heading to sunny Perth for Christmas. Can anyone

suggest
great places to visit?
We have already booked a few days just prior to Christmas at Margaret

River.

Thanks
Mel

Old November 18th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Richard

In case anybody, like me, was wondering just where Cicrellos was located,
I looked it up in Lonely Planet. It's a converted wharf building down at
Fishing Boat Harbour, on Mews Rd.

Apparently there are a string of good restaurants here, including
Japanese (Chunagon) and Fisherman's Kitchen. Anybody want to comment on
these or others in the vicinity?

Richard

"Jim" wrote in
:

Old November 18th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Gerrit 't Hart

"Richard" wrote in message
In case anybody, like me, was wondering just where Cicrellos was located,
I looked it up in Lonely Planet. It's a converted wharf building down at
Fishing Boat Harbour, on Mews Rd.

Apparently there are a string of good restaurants here, including
Japanese (Chunagon) and Fisherman's Kitchen. Anybody want to comment on
these or others in the vicinity?

Richard

Not 100% sure but seem to recall that the building in which Cicerello's is
was totally rebuilt some 3-4 years ago. Sure it looks like a wharf building
but it isn't and never was. That doesn't mean that the F&C are bad. They are
reasonably good. Ambience does the rest. There is another F&C place almost
next door which isn't half as good as far as the F&C are concerned.
The Japanese is sligfhtly upmarket and is supposed to be quite good.
Fisherman's Kitchen is a F&C place in another building - smaller than both
the other F&C places. I think their chips are better than Cicerello's.
Ambience is zilch!!
Next to Fisherman's Kitchen is the Scicilian. As the name suggests this is
Italian. Pretty good. It has a licence to sell alchohol.
In the same building is a McDonald's. Nough said.
Upstairs is another restaurant (I think called Sails). Went there once for a
work bash. (Used to work in Freo just accross the park from the Fishing Boat
Harbour) Not impressed.
Bit further along the harbour from Cicerello's is Joes Fish Shack. Pretty
good. Fish based menu.
About 200 metres walk from the FBH is the main eating area of Freo. Lots of
choice.
You'll have to go to see for yourself.

Gerrit

Old November 18th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Richard

Terrific, Gerrit, thanks for the great info. We'll be there next April to
check it all out.

Richard

"Gerrit 't Hart" wrote in
u:

Old November 19th, 2003, 03:37 PM
David Tyrrell

You're right Jim, the rest of the country is remote, and largely unexplored.

Perth is actually in a state that makes up over 32% of Australia.

Old November 22nd, 2003, 12:23 AM
Jan

Richard wrote:
In case anybody, like me, was wondering just where Cicrellos was
located, I looked it up in Lonely Planet. It's a converted wharf
building down at Fishing Boat Harbour, on Mews Rd.

Apparently there are a string of good restaurants here, including
Japanese (Chunagon) and Fisherman's Kitchen. Anybody want to comment
on these or others in the vicinity?

Richard

For those on a budget - we were in Freeo in Feb/ March 2002
Joes fish shack is good value.
Cheapest pub is the Buffalo club ( anyone can go in)- draught beer and
glass wine for $4 They also do Sunday roasts and meals some nights eg
T-Bone steak, salad & chips were $8.90

Jan

---

Old November 22nd, 2003, 01:38 AM