Tanzania

Old January 30th, 2006, 01:06 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Tanzania

I have not been to Africa yet but I am planning my first trip in July,
to Tanzania. I have a weekly travel podcast (like an internet radio
show) called the Amateur Traveler. I had a chance to interview someone
on yesterday's show about his trip to Tanzania on a safari and it just
makes me more excited.

I have started to learn Swahili. What other advise would people have
for me?

Old January 30th, 2006, 11:59 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

On 29 Jan 2006 17:06:08 -0800, wrote:

I have not been to Africa yet but I am planning my first trip in July,
to Tanzania. I have a weekly travel podcast (like an internet radio
show) called the Amateur Traveler. I had a chance to interview someone
on yesterday's show about his trip to Tanzania on a safari and it just
makes me more excited.

I have started to learn Swahili. What other advise would people have
for me?

Check
http://www.michna.com/kenya.htm for those things that are
not Kenya-specific, such as check lists of what to take with you
in the chapter Preparations.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:51 AM
Gorillasafaris Gorillasafaris is offline
Member

Location: Nairobi Kenya/Kigali Rwanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I have not been to Africa yet but I am planning my first trip in July,
to Tanzania. I have a weekly travel podcast (like an internet radio
show) called the Amateur Traveler. I had a chance to interview someone
on yesterday's show about his trip to Tanzania on a safari and it just
makes me more excited.

I have started to learn Swahili. What other advise would people have
for me?
Learning Kiswahili is good. Where would you like to visit? Serengeti, lake Manyara, Ngorongoro, zanzibar? That is the only way we can be able to help. Getting a room in the lodges in Jul can be a little bit difficult but not impossible. Right now the following are somewhat full-Ngorongoro Serena, Kirawira, Mbuzi Mawe. Ofcourse I sell tours to Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzani, Zanzibar and Ugunda but I won't charge you for consultation.
Old February 1st, 2006, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Ah, yes, I did not say. This is a trip with my church group so it will
be a mix of working and site seeing. We will be helping to put a roof
on a seminary in Arusha and we will be trying to make connections with
local churches ministering to the AIDs crisis. On the tourist side we
will probably try and get to Ngorogoro crater or one of the other
parks. We may also do a quick trip to Zanzaibar.

Chris

Old February 2nd, 2006, 09:35 AM
Gorillasafaris Gorillasafaris is offline
Member

Location: Nairobi Kenya/Kigali Rwanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2x
Ah, yes, I did not say. This is a trip with my church group so it will
be a mix of working and site seeing. We will be helping to put a roof
on a seminary in Arusha and we will be trying to make connections with
local churches ministering to the AIDs crisis. On the tourist side we
will probably try and get to Ngorogoro crater or one of the other
parks. We may also do a quick trip to Zanzaibar.

Chris
Okey. That is good. However I would suggest that you spare a few days- at least a week for sightseeing. That way you will visit two parks and wide up with zanzibar. All depends on how many days you have. A week is minimum.

Otherwise if you just put up the roof, you will not have the feel of Africa-big game