New Dining Times On Holland America

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Peter Berlin

Default New Dining Times On Holland America

Here's something a little different for Holland America.
Similiar to dining on some of the Carnival Ships, HA is
testing 4 dining times on the ships with two tiered dining
room. We received this advisory today.

"Attached is the information referencing the expanded dining
times that is being implemented onboard with the Signature
of Excellence upgrades. Please note that the EU, EL, MU, ML
dining options will be tested on the 4/10 through 5/10
sailings (except the NO and PR), the E and M options are for
all other sailings, regardless of ship. If this is
successful, it will be implemented to all future sailings
and you will be advised accordingly.

There will be four dining times that will be staggered
between the Upper and the Lower Dining rooms on the ships
that have two-tired dining rooms (these codes pertain to all
ships except for the ms Noordam and the ms Prinsendam).
Dining will be staggered as follows:

EU - EARLY UPPER - 05:45 p.m.

EL - EARLY LOWER - 06:15 p.m.

MU - MAIN UPPER - 08:00 p.m.

ML - MAIN LOWER - 08:30 p.m.

For the ships without the two-tiered dining rooms (NO/PR)
the following dining codes will be inputted:

1. E - EARLY (1ST) - 06:00 p.m.

2. M - MAIN (2ND) - 08:15 p.m."

Peter
--

Peter Berlin, http://peterberlintravel.com
Featuring Ft Lauderdale New Year's Eve-GLC2005

Old March 24th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Lee

Peter Berlin wrote in message hlink.net...

This dining room schedule was already in place on the 3/6 sailing of
the Zuiderdam. The test, apparently, is already under way.

Lee

Old March 25th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Mason Barge

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:49:35 GMT, Peter Berlin
wrote:

Here's something a little different for Holland America.
Similiar to dining on some of the Carnival Ships, HA is
testing 4 dining times on the ships with two tiered dining
room. We received this advisory today.

There have been some unsettling changes at HAL recently, but I have to
say, this one makes a lot of sense. Whoever is in charge of the
dining room "system" at HAL is really doing a good job.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old March 25th, 2004, 05:11 AM
StevenN2WJ

Peter Berlin wrote in
link.net:

[...]

This policy was in effect on the Veendam in February.......

--
Veendam feb 03
Zuiderdam Sept 03
Old March 25th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Marclaw

Anyone know the satus of the Massdam. We sail on her in June
Old March 25th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Peter Berlin

You are correct. There is a definite reversal of past terminology
there....Main has always been "early".
I'm not sure why they came up with this "new speak", but I also found it
interesting and confusing to some past passengers.

Peter.

Zegarskis wrote:

Peter,

What I find interesting is that it seems to me that HAL now considers the late
seating as "Main Seating" versus the early seating which I recall usually being
classed as "Main Seating"

Ray in NH

From: Peter Berlin
Date: 03/24/04 07:49 AM Eastern Standard Time

[...]

Peter Berlin's Travel Center
http://peterberlin.com
Host Agency: GGC2003/GGC2004 / Join us on the GLC2004 Millennium Jan 2, 2005

Old March 26th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Surfer E2468

Wonder how they will arrange the shows?

Old March 26th, 2004, 03:09 AM
SNUMBER6

From: (Surfer E2468)

Wonder how they will arrange the shows?

The earlier diners get the better seats ...

Be seeing you
In the Village
Number 6

Old March 26th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Lee

Peter Berlin wrote in message ...
You are correct. There is a definite reversal of past terminology
there....Main has always been "early".
I'm not sure why they came up with this "new speak", but I also found it
interesting and confusing to some past passengers.

When I got my docs. for my Zuiderdam cruise and saw I had main
seating, I was pretty upset, because I had specifically requested late
seating. Then, somewhere else, it was referred to as 2nd seating, so I
knew it was okay. But, I agree...it was a bit confusing to me, who is
used to thinking of main as early, and late as late.

Lee