word play

Old February 20th, 2008, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_Moran

Default word play

an engineer at a company that makes military items is at airport and
gets a cellphone call and is talking about bombs to a colleague

a petroleum engineer at a hotel where there is a police convention is
talking to a colleague about coke, making coke ans testing coke, of
course the police have no idea they are talking about coke made at an
oil refinery, not the beverage or controlled substane
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:11 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

JA_MORAN wrote:

an engineer at a company that makes military items is at airport and
gets a cellphone call and is talking about bombs to a colleague

So? I don't see a problem. If they guy sells bombs to the military, I
am quite sure anyone listening to his call can find this out.....
eventually. If they guy uses the word bomb on a cellphone in an airport,
he is not thinking clearly.

Old February 21st, 2008, 08:46 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Hatunen

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:48:14 -0700, JA_MORAN
wrote:

an engineer at a company that makes military items is at airport and
gets a cellphone call and is talking about bombs to a colleague

a petroleum engineer at a hotel where there is a police convention is
talking to a colleague about coke, making coke ans testing coke, of
course the police have no idea they are talking about coke made at an
oil refinery, not the beverage or controlled substane

Eh? Coke is made from coal.

Old February 21st, 2008, 08:49 AM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl

wrote:

an engineer at a company that makes military items is at airport and
gets a cellphone call and is talking about bombs to a colleague

a petroleum engineer at a hotel where there is a police convention is
talking to a colleague about coke, making coke ans testing coke, of
course the police have no idea they are talking about coke made at an
oil refinery, not the beverage or controlled substane

Eh? Coke is made from coal.

And since when is it a crime to discuss the carbonated beverage?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore
Old February 21st, 2008, 10:11 AM posted to rec.travel.air
A Mate[_2_]

Many Americans ARE profoundly ignorant - but, Hatunen - I'd not have
included them among them!

Old February 25th, 2008, 06:17 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Hatunen

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:11:52 +1000, " A Mate"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

an engineer at a company that makes military items is at airport and
gets a cellphone call and is talking about bombs to a colleague

a petroleum engineer at a hotel where there is a police convention is
talking to a colleague about coke, making coke ans testing coke, of
course the police have no idea they are talking about coke made at an
oil refinery, not the beverage or controlled substane

Eh? Coke is made from coal.

Many Americans ARE profoundly ignorant - but, Hatunen - I'd not have
included them among them!

Having grown up a few miles from a Republic Steel coking plant,
I'm pretty sure.

Old February 28th, 2008, 09:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air
george

wrote:

an engineer at a company that makes military items is at airport and
gets a cellphone call and is talking about bombs to a colleague

a petroleum engineer at a hotel where there is a police convention is
talking to a colleague about coke, making coke ans testing coke, of
course the police have no idea they are talking about coke made at an
oil refinery, not the beverage or controlled substane

Eh? Coke is made from coal.

Coke is the residual left after distallation of volatile materials
from organic materials including coal and petroleum. For instance:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-b...ionary&va=coke

From someone who is most familiar with petroleum derived coke.

George
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:39 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Hatunen

wrote:

an engineer at a company that makes military items is at airport and
gets a cellphone call and is talking about bombs to a colleague

a petroleum engineer at a hotel where there is a police convention is
talking to a colleague about coke, making coke ans testing coke, of
course the police have no idea they are talking about coke made at an
oil refinery, not the beverage or controlled substane

Eh? Coke is made from coal.

Coke is the residual left after distallation of volatile materials
from organic materials including coal and petroleum. For instance:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-b...ionary&va=coke

From someone who is most familiar with petroleum derived coke.

You've sent me on a google search and I see that coke can indeed
be made from petroleum, although the word usually applies to a
product made from coal. Wikipedia mentions petroluem-based coke
almost in passing and raises a couple of questions in my mind
that I don't think I'll pursue.

Being raised in a steel town, I would obviously be most familiar
with coal coke.

I stand re-educated.