Why Don't TA's Tell Us The Inside Scoop?

Old January 22nd, 2004, 01:41 AM
Jmpngtiger

Default Why Don't TA's Tell Us The Inside Scoop?

I work for a living. I make money by buying a product and selling it for more.
I don't reveal my margins. I am a bad person.

jt

Old January 22nd, 2004, 01:55 AM
Cruising Chrissy

do they ever tell us what they make in commissions? do they ever tell
us about the REAL prices they pay for group cruise cabins? Do they
tell us about all the freebies and perks and goodie sand all that
neato stuff?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:40:36 GMT, jcoulter
wrote:

You wouldn't believe it if you were told.

Try me. What is your commission structure?

I have never misrepresented
the profit potential of groups to my clients. I do not howver buy block
space, nor do most of the others who contribute here. teh block space
guys are the ;payers with online superagencies that offer those no
frills lowball fares that some folks can't get enough of despite the
lack of service potential.

Uh, no I don't think so. Cruisequick, for instance, is very service
oriented.

Freebies? yeah preinaugural cruises are free for those invited. TA get
discounts, you work for KMart you get a discount there, what is the
news.

Your hiding a lot and both you and I know it.

Why worry about our commissions, you call the cruise line they
sell to you for the same price they quote us, difference is they won't
buy you a bottle of wine or kick back a few bucks from the commission
that is so begrudged. How much does your real estate sales person get?

Well published in their contracts with you. Why don't TA's adhere to
the same?

Your stock broker, car salesman, insurance salesman, apliance
salesperson?

Some do, some don't. None post here and spamadvertise us and get free
referrals.

Oh yeah the neatest freebie and perk, getting called names.

Here's a name for you, Mr TA.

It's river running along Egypt's easterly coast.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old January 22nd, 2004, 02:15 AM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , Jmpngtiger
wrote:

I work for a living. I make money by buying a product and selling it for
more.
I don't reveal my margins. I am a bad person.

jt

I must be bad too, I also sell product for a living and I do not reveal
my margins, nor my commissions. It isn't anyone's business

Well, except for the government of curse!

Lloyd
Old January 22nd, 2004, 02:45 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Not that it matters, but "Cruising Chrissy" is not a new contributor but
simply a new ID for an old contributor who was killfiled by a lot of people.

Anyone remember "Island Gal"?
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old January 22nd, 2004, 02:53 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Dear Michelle,

I have corrected the mistake that my computer made. PLONK!!!
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old January 22nd, 2004, 03:20 AM
Jenrose

You wouldn't believe it if you were told. I have never misrepresented
the profit potential of groups to my clients. I do not howver buy block
space, nor do most of the others who contribute here. teh block space
guys are the ;payers with online superagencies that offer those no
frills lowball fares that some folks can't get enough of despite the
lack of service potential.

Hmmm. Orbitz has been insanely helpful to me through the whole process.
Every time I've had to call them, they've been able to more than answer my
questions, help in every way possible, etc. One guy I talked to there was
even able to let me know specific shore excursions he himself had taken, and
not just one that he liked, but ones to avoid, too. And I haven't had to
call much.

I don't need much in the way of frills, and they've given more than I
expected in the way of service thus far.

Jenrose

Old January 22nd, 2004, 03:46 AM
Tolk

Jenrose wrote:

[...]

Hey, Ray saved me over $175pp on a cruise I took in December. He
alerted the NG to a promotion that HAL had for teachers. My TA knew
nothing about it until I called to tell him.

So there!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:06 AM
HDawson228

I think there are some jealous people in this NG. And the meaness is chaising
alot of folks away that just want some advice or questions answered. Also I
don't see anyone here posting thier tax returns. To the TA's that post so much
useful or interesting infomation here, pls continue. Many of us appreciate
your efforts to make this NG informative. Some would rather destory the
usefulness or turn it into a private exchange.