9 lbs, 13 oz. and the Trash Can Tango.. Legend Review 1/8/04 Part 1

Old January 23rd, 2004, 03:49 AM
OcnGypZ

Default 9 lbs, 13 oz. and the Trash Can Tango.. Legend Review 1/8/04 Part 1

No... not THAT Legend.. the Carnival Legend!!

Seeing that Tom K. and I somehow wound up sharing the rtc 2003 Celebrity lovers
title...I relinquish all rights to said title to Tom.

As way of background... this was my 161st. After some "strong-arming" from
Eileen Garland... I decided.. what the hell.....Carnival couldn't possibly
serve me any worse slop than I encountered on my 11/29/03 Century cruise... so
I phoned my agent and booked.

Not wanting to make a sizable "investment" in a new experience, I elected to go
with a Cat 1A inside.. since the single supplement was only 150%. Went a
couple of rounds with my agent regarding pricing.. but he explained it this
way... pay "a".. you'll stay where you are.... pay "b" you'll get an inside
cabin... pay "c"... and you'll get an outside... I promise. I paid "c".. and
received a 7 category upgrade to a Cat 6a outside. Wheew........after all
these years my agent has never steered me wrong. Saved myself $500 booking this
way.

I was joined on this cruise by a dear friend from TN.. who also booked herself
a 1A single... and received a 6A.

We both prenighted at the Hyatt Pier 66.. via priceline for $79 per room. I
will say that over the past several years... service is NOT what it used to be
at the Hyatt. Too bad........but their fresh-squeezed oj in the am is
wonderful!!

DF (dear friend) knows how much I enjoy quick embarkations... so she was very
careful in reminding me to keep my cool...and just go through the paces at the
terminal and not get upset at the lines. She was very surprised I managed to
keep my cool. I have no patience for stupid procedures... especially when it
comes to embarkation. We arrived at the terminal in FLL approx 1030am..
searched for the porter with a copy of the manifest to find out our cabin
assignments, write up new luggage tags.....and then wait in line. It wasn't
too bad...but what a stupid routine Carnival uses in Ft. Lauderdale. Fun Pass
registration was not necessary. This was my biggest complaint about the whole
cruise!!

We started boarding about 12:30..found our cabins with no problem.. figured out
how the safes worked (I used an old Celebrity signature card to open mine.. I
was NOT about to use a credit card)... and then it was up to the Lido for
lunch!

WOW.....Michele Roux WHO????????????????

I was in food heaven.

More to follow... still feeling the effects of the damned flu.

Babette
Old January 23rd, 2004, 04:14 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

OcnGypZ wrote:

More to follow... still feeling the effects of the damned flu.

Welcome back, I hope you will be feeling better very soon. I look
forward to the rest of your comments/review.

sue

Old January 23rd, 2004, 08:09 AM
Bill C

Babette,
What a tease. You should write the lead ins for the network news. :-Þ
Get well soon and finish this review..........PLEASE!

Bill

Old January 23rd, 2004, 10:46 AM
Becca

OcnGypZ wrote:

More to follow... still feeling the effects of the damned flu.

Babette

Babette, I am on the edge of my seat waiting to hear the rest of your
review. Unfortunately I will be leaving for my cruise in less than
one hour, so I will miss it. Bummer!

Becca -----all packed and ready to go...

GGC http://www.ggc2004.com/
Mariner of the Seas 3/04
Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Old January 23rd, 2004, 04:14 PM
Peri

Becca wrote:

Babette, I am on the edge of my seat waiting to hear the rest of your
review. Unfortunately I will be leaving for my cruise in less than
one hour, so I will miss it. Bummer!

Becca, I've NEVER heard anyone use the word "bummer" with regard to leaving for
a cruise ;-)! (Although I, too, am eagerly awaiting the rest of the review!!)
Do I now get to say, "Nah nah, I'm NOT leaving for a cruise in less than an
hour!" ?? Too funny.

~ Peri

Old January 23rd, 2004, 08:34 PM
D Ball

Wow! It's fun to hear such enthusiasm, Babette. I'm delighted you had such
a fabulous experience. It's good to be reminded that life can be full of
surprises!

You sure know how to leave an audience hanging, though...hope you feel better
soon. We want to hear Parts 2, 3, 4 and more!

Diana Ball
Near Houston, TX
http://www.dianaball.net

Next up: Celebrity Millennium – Med – June 04
RCI Mariner – E Carib – Holidays 03
RCI Serenade – Transatlantic – Maiden 08/04/03
Star Princess – Mex Riviera – Holidays 02
Dawn Princess – Alaska – July 02
NCL Star – Hawaii – June 02
RCI Rhapsody – W Carib – Holidays 01 (back-to-back)
RCI Explorer – E Carib – Holidays 00
NCL Sea – W Carib – Holidays 99

Old January 24th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Susette405

comes to embarkation. We arrived at the terminal in FLL approx 1030am..
searched for the porter with a copy of the manifest to find out our c

Keeep on giving the review I booked the LEgend for a Bermuda Seminar at Sea
and have visited the ship 2 times. this will be the longest Carnival Cruise I
ever taken. SO want to hear what your thoughts on UNbiased of course!
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 04Dec04 Jewel of the Seas!
Check out our website: www.cruiseoutlets.com
Old January 24th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Gordon

Ok Babette, I want to hear more vbg. Actually I kept up with your post
about the Legend over on CC on the Celebrity board. I also read the post
from Ernie Roller yesterday and how he is having a great time on the Spirit
right now. I also look forward to his review upon his return.

Gordon