Monday (1/26) - The 26th Anniversary.....

Old January 23rd, 2004, 05:41 PM
Brenda

Default Monday (1/26) - The 26th Anniversary.....

of the BLIZZARD OF '78.

5:15AM in Cleveland the white hurricane it. 85 mph winds hit along
with over 6 feet of snow in 4 hours, loss of power, heat, food, a day
many will never forget. The barometer was never that low...

I remember, as a billing co=ordinator for the #1 radio station WWWE &
WWWM in Cleveland, I received a phonecall from our DJ Jack Reynolds at
3AM telling me to get up & dressed. To stop at 711 for razors for 3
men, deodorant for 3, toothbrushes & paste for 3. And made it by
4:30AM with a bag of underwear, soap, and candy too.

So I am snowed in with 2 DJ's (a dream of very lady of Cleveland) and
technician when the storm it. The apartments in our building had water
in the hallways from the toilets splashing! We watched glass blowing
out of the Diamond Shamrock bldg and like razors shooting thru the
air.

Luckily the mall in the lower level had a grocery store that the owner
lived in the apartment bldg & knew we were there. So we had plenty of
food, use of his shower, coooked in his kitchen and got to know each
other very well. We even broke the lock on the theatre to house
stranded folks that were kicked out of work (night shift). I was
making chili, spaghetti, and plenty of other items that would be
thrown out so we fed folks too!

To this day I am still best friends with the 4 guys.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 10:23 PM
Charles

In article , Brenda
wrote:

To this day I am still best friends with the 4 guys.

That is swell. What does this have to do with cruising? Folks... this
is not a chat group.

--
Charles
Old January 23rd, 2004, 10:48 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:23:43 -0500, Charles
wrote:

To this day I am still best friends with the 4 guys.

That is swell. What does this have to do with cruising? Folks... this
is not a chat group.

--
Charles

The shut up and quit chatting, Chuck.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old January 24th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Brenda

Dah Chuck! Thousands stuck at airports for a week missing cruises...........

Old January 24th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Charles

In article , Brenda
wrote:

Dah Chuck! Thousands stuck at airports for a week missing cruises...........

You are full of ****. You posted about a blzzard in 1978 and it was all
about you. Nothing about cruises. If you want to post about yourself
please use the newsgroup, alt.reality.brenda.screwball.

--
Charles
Old January 25th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:37:00 -0500, Charles
wrote:

Dah Chuck! Thousands stuck at airports for a week missing cruises...........

You are full of ****. You posted about a blzzard in 1978 and it was all
about you. Nothing about cruises. If you want to post about yourself
please use the newsgroup, alt.reality.brenda.screwball.

ChuckieCharles

Remember that post where you said if don't like the topic o0r the
post, then killfile it?

Take your own advice for once.