Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old January 8th, 2009, 07:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erick T. Barkhuis

Default Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mike:
Mike O'Sullivan wrote:

There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!

Well, I have highly effective waterproofs, but I still regard a walk
in the hills in rain as "bad" and a walk in snow or sun as "good".

I agree.

Without wishing to impersonate Mixi, clothing doesnt deal with
humidity well.

....unless you wear plastics nose to toes, but then again, humidity
inside may become an issue. :-)

--
Erick
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Erick T. Barkhuis

Crétin Grenouille:
On Jan 7, 7:30*pm, Erick T. Barkhuis -o-m
wrote:
Mike O'Sullivan:

There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!

Errm...try riding a regular motorbike when it snows and freezes, and
find out how little excellent clothing helps.

buy a car....they've never been cheaper !

Buying the car is not the problem. Finding an affordable parking lot
for the darn thing is!

--
Erick
Old January 8th, 2009, 02:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article ,
Mike wrote:

Mike O'Sullivan wrote:

There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!

Ever tried to walk up or down a hill on wet ice?

Well, I have highly effective waterproofs, but I still regard a walk
in the hills in rain as "bad" and a walk in snow or sun as "good".

Not only that, but below zero with sun is also very good 8-) As
for walking in rain, my dog likes that considerably less than I do, so
I'm not along there. Snow is nice; it bounces off 8-)

Without wishing to impersonate Mixi, clothing doesnt deal with
humidity well.

And definitely not at all with ice underfoot, which is why I HATE
winter heat waves.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo

Old January 9th, 2009, 05:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article ,
Mike wrote:

below zero with sun is the best! Its funny how people relate "sun"
with "hot" :-) I recently had a sunny week of walking with temperature
never higher than -2.

Exactly! I walk further and faster on days like that 8-)

Crampons are just too much. When it's icy, Gretl(my dog) and I take
short walks, just the flat area between hills both directions 8-)