Spain Trip - Toledo/Madrid Daytrip Question

Old October 5th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Big Jimbo

Default Spain Trip - Toledo/Madrid Daytrip Question

Hello,

I will be in Spain at the end of October. Because of our schedule we plan on
doing a daytrip
to Toledo from Madrid on Sun. Oct. 26. This is the only date we can do this.
However,
I am debating whether or not we should spend the night in Toledo. Mon
morning we plan
on taking the AVE from Madrid to Seville. Is it better to do Toledo Sun day
and come back
late that night via bus to Madrid or spend the night in Toledo Sun night and
then go back
to Madrid to catch the AVE? Any suggestions? Our schedule is below. Thanks
in advance.

Thurs: Oct. 23 arrive Madrid
Fri Oct. 24th Segovia Daytrip
Sat. Oct. 25th Madrid all day
Sun. Oct. 26th Toledo daytrip only or spend the night?
Mon Oct. 27th take AVE to Seville.

Old October 5th, 2003, 08:28 PM
GG

"Big Jimbo" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

My advice would be to return to Madrid Sunday night. It would take time
away from a full day's enjoyment of visiting Toledo to have to pack up and
check out of your Madrid hotel then locate and check into your Toledo hotel
before seeing the sights. Since you have to return to Madrid anyway to take
the AVE, it would seem much less complicated to return there Sunday night.
Buen viaje!
GG

Old October 5th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Carole Allen

I loved Toledo and I thought the best part was being there in the
evening after the daytrippers had left......

Old October 5th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Nige

"Big Jimbo" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

For convenience,I would stay in the same Madrid hotel. Although having said
that, if you take the local train down to Toledo from Atocha Station you
will be returning to Atocha for the AVE. So you could relax and stay over
in Toledo to soak in more of the history. The PARADOR hotel is not
actually in the city but across the river on the same side as the railway
station. In my opinion, a good choice for a comfortable stay :
http://www.parador.es/english/parado...?selparador=79

Old October 6th, 2003, 03:44 AM
Big Jimbo

Thanks for the advice everyone. One more question:

How late do the buses and/or trains leave from Toledo at night?
My thinking was to stay late in Toledo and take a bus or train back
around 10-11pm. Is this possible that late on a Sunday?

Old October 6th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Nige

"Big Jimbo" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the advice everyone. One more question:

How late do the buses and/or trains leave from Toledo at night?
My thinking was to stay late in Toledo and take a bus or train back
around 10-11pm. Is this possible that late on a Sunday?

Last train from Toledo is 6.42 PM arriving at Madrid 8.11 PM. Look at
www.renfe.es for all times. Bus service may be better but do not have times.

Old October 6th, 2003, 09:30 AM
José M. Malo

"Nige" escribió en el mensaje
Last train from Toledo is 6.42 PM arriving at Madrid 8.11 PM. Look at
www.renfe.es for all times. Bus service may be better but do not have

times.

The bus company that serves the Toledo-Madrid route is Continental-Auto
(http://www.continental-auto.es). On Sundays, there are many late buses
(until 11:30PM every half an hour). Check their schedule and prices in their
Website (in Spanish only).

Old October 6th, 2003, 10:29 AM
FR

Thurs: Oct. 23 arrive Madrid
Fri Oct. 24th Segovia Daytrip
Sat. Oct. 25th Madrid all day
Sun. Oct. 26th Toledo daytrip only or spend the night?
Mon Oct. 27th take AVE to Seville.

If this is your first trip to Spain, I would recommend skipping Toledo and
spend the extra time in Madrid. There is so much to see in Madrid that in
one day the most you can do is a sightseeing bus tour without much time to
actually go into the sights. Toledo is lovely but Seville will make up for
what you miss there, even though obviously somewhat different.

Old October 6th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Francisco Miranda Azurmendi

Last bus on sundays is at 23:30.

Book your ticket in advance.

A suggestion:

go by train (http://www.renfe.es) and come back by bus.
The train station is a monument in itself.

You can also visit my webpage at http://www.cangasdeonisycovadonga.com

Nice trip
Old October 6th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Big Jimbo

Thanks for the Advice everyone. If we decide to go, we will
just take a late bus back home. Thanks!