Zenith & virus

Old April 14th, 2007, 11:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dory Samuels

Default Zenith & virus

We returned yesterday from an 11 day cruise on the Zenith. By the 3rd
day we started to see what appeared to be extra cleaning aboard the
ship. This escalated from there to the point of not being allowed to
get even a glass of water for ourself or use a salt shaker. Everything
was handed to us by the gloved crew. Zenith went on a full attack of
the virus. Spraying throughout the entire ship from the ceiling down,
24 hrs a day. By the end of our cruise all walls, mirrors and glass
were clouded from the spray. Our local paper in Tampa says about 100
were stricken but from the empty seats around the ship I wouldn't be
surprised to learn this figure should be 2 or 3 times larger. While
this was not our best Celebrity experience we still managed to have a
good time. Such a pity when this happens and it is especially sad for
the Zenith's end. This and her sister ship the Horizon were favorite's.
Most of the passengers were understanding.

~~Dory~~

****

Old April 14th, 2007, 04:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Uncle Peter

"Dory Samuels" wrote in message
[...]

Now that you mention it, salt and pepper shakers seem
to be always missing from the tables on Princess
cruises. I wonder if health concerns are the reason?
Never gave it a thought before.

peter

Old April 14th, 2007, 05:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

If there is any hint of illness, the salt and pepper shakers and other
things disappear quickly. On our Crown Princess sailing last august we
did have salt and pepper shakers etc.

sue
Old April 14th, 2007, 08:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Uncle Peter

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

Hello Sue

We sailed on the Crown last December out of San Juan, and
did notice there were no salt or pepper shakers to be found.
Fortunately, no hint of viruses either! They did have the
attendents with the requisite hand disinfectant at all food
stations, however!

Peter

Old April 14th, 2007, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

There may of been some cases and you just didn't know about them. It
could also just be that in the winter they are more concerned. Who knows.

sue