First Timers too ---Want upscale but casuale NO DINNER JACKETS

Old November 17th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Fred

Go to the Lido deck (buffet dining room) on formal night of any Carnival

cruise. Shorts, jeans, etc.

Excellent this is what we were looking for, an alternative

Most in the regular dining room will be somewhat formal, but if you don't

mind being a little different, they will not refuse to seat you.

What we were looking to avoid. Above option works. Are the extensive
buffets, ala Las Vegas?

Carnival food is reputed to be some of the best in the excellent.

OTOH, while I am not a big fan of formal stuff, I find that I can travel

in a 'jacket' so that I don't have to pack it....and then wear it when need
be....keeps mama happy!

FWIW, most folks have precious little opportunity to 'dress up'. A cruise

affords them this often 'once in a lifetime' chance. So they go to some
expense and effort to enjoy it.

So are we.
I say this to encourage respect for others feelings....

Why were asking

..and someone pops thru in a holey T shirt and shredded jeans or shorts, it

tends to taint the moment.

Know the feeling from Broadway somehow tourist casual works matanee &
weeknights but Fri & Sat should be jackets, as most are but there is always
the ripped tee couple as you say!

A large ship affords the opportunity for all to indulge their desires, but

to do so with determined disregard for others is simply adding to the
discord and difficulties of our times.

Agree, again thats why we are asking. Don't know till you do. Sorry if I
came across with an apparent "screw you we are doing what we want attitude"
I wanted to state what we want and ask where we can get it. And by casuale
we mean very nice, probably same outfits others are wearing but no tie or
jacket.--again we would not wear this to fomal night we just want an
alternative. To us that is our "once a year we DO NOT have to wear Jackets &
Tie

Whatever you decide....have a great time....beware, cruising is addictive!

So it seems-GREAT GROUP THANK YOU
Fred W

Old November 17th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Jerry Mullikin

Crystal is not owned by Carnival. Crystal is owned by a shipping company
in Japan, and is definitely a great way to go. I can certainly
understand someone not wanting to "dress up" if that is what is required
of them all week. However, there are alternative dining areas on the
Crystal ships, and I'm sure anyone can still find great food and service
in those places, and not have to be dressed to the nines. I am not an
expert on cruising by any means. I have made one cruise to Alaska on the
Crystal Harmony, and it was well worth taking the tux along and doing
the formal thing. I am now retired, but when I was working, suit and tie
were the normal wear, and I swore I would not wear a tie again, for any
reason. Well, times change, and so did I. I had a ball on that cruise,
and am now scheduled, along with my wife and her sister, to leave Los
Angeles on Jan. 15, 2005, aboard the Crystal Serenity, for a 101 day
world cruise. On that cruise there will be 21 formal nights, 32 informal
nights, and the remainder casual. I look forward to everyone of them, no
matter what the dress code. Try it, you might like it. Just my 2 cents
worth.

JLM

Old November 17th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Fred

See Fred

Stupid is as stupid does

The Chairman 2006
www.parsonsgotnoheart.edu
Come Sail with Us

"Fred" wrote in message
t...
Hello,
a.. We are first time cruisers so have allot of Q's
b.. We heard of an exotic Caribbean cruise on Carnivals new ship, we were
thing new is good and it fit our available dates? I can not figure out
their
site at all!
c.. We don't want tight quarters?
d.. We definitely both need balcony rooms possibly suites if there is a
difference.
e.. Meals we were looking at Crystal do to their sites raves about food.
We ruled out because we wear suits all week and WILL NOT pack a jacket for
dinner. Dining is important however are neat casual OK on your lines or
will
we be excluded from dining room at times?
f.. We are all early 40's. Like excursions and shows, not disco's
g.. So we seem to want casualness of carnival but service of Crystal.
h.. Thoughts on which lines might fit us best?
THANK YOU SO MUCH for post going on to read older post for a quick
education.

Fred Welge

Old November 17th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Fred

See Fred

Stupid is as stupid does

The Chairman 2006
www.parsonsgotnoheart.edu
Come Sail with Us

Old November 17th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:22:50 -0500, Lee Lindquist wrote:

Ray -- will you be clarifying in what industry carnival has some
of the best food?

Based on my experience on Carnival, I found the food comparable
to a junior high school cafeteria. To be fair, I'd rate it highly
among those cafeterias.

Hi Lee,

As a clarification to my clarification, aw shucks, never mind. :+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905