Thoughts on Belize

Old August 30th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Bob Westcott

Default Thoughts on Belize

We're heading to Belize for a couple of weeks in November. Anybody have any
great experiences there that they'd like to tip us off to?

Thanks,

Bob

Old August 30th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Mike McKinley

"Bob Westcott" wrote in message
We're heading to Belize for a couple of weeks in November. Anybody have
any great experiences there that they'd like to tip us off to?
Thanks,
Bob

I have some land for sale in the Cayo District.

Old August 30th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:01:12 -0500, Mike McKinley wrote:

I have some land for sale in the Cayo District.

You're turning into a Belize troll.
--
http://www.sterilecowboys.org/archive1/Crutch.html
Old August 30th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Mike McKinley

Buying land seems rather excessive for a two week vacation....

I dunno. I decided to buy the property during a two week vacation.

Old August 30th, 2005, 09:38 PM
G&G

Nope. No great experiences in Belize. Hated it.
Costa Rica - now, that's another story! Love it. Been there 5 times.
Pura Vida,

Old August 30th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Becca

Bob Westcott wrote:

We're heading to Belize for a couple of weeks in November. Anybody have any
great experiences there that they'd like to tip us off to?

In Belize, I went scuba diving, snorkeling at Goff's Cay, cave tubing
and I visited a few Mayan ruins (Xunantunich and Lamani were my favorite).

It was shallow and rocky at Goff's Cay and the snorkeling was not the
best, maybe the problem was where I was located.

We went cave tubing with Reggie. This was one of the most fun
excursions I have ever done. We liked it so much, we did it again in May.

http://www.regtour.com/

Enjoy your vacation.

Becca
Old August 30th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Rosalie B.

"G&G" wrote:

Nope. No great experiences in Belize. Hated it.
Costa Rica - now, that's another story! Love it. Been there 5 times.
Pura Vida,
"Bob Westcott" wrote in message
We're heading to Belize for a couple of weeks in November. Anybody have
any great experiences there that they'd like to tip us off to?

Well I liked both of Costa Rica and Belize for different reasons

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/9c3/ is our visit to Belize.

grandma Rosalie
http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/4a9c6/
Old August 31st, 2005, 04:54 PM
AlJ

We've been twice and liked it. Pictures and brief travelogues on
www.AlANDSueJohnson.com

Old August 31st, 2005, 11:21 PM

On 31 Aug 2005 08:54:41 -0700, "AlJ" wrote:

We've been twice and liked it. Pictures and brief travelogues on
www.AlANDSueJohnson.com

I've been to Belize five times and plan to return. Ambergris Caye
twice (do not miss Belizean Arts in Fido's Courtyard, or the live
music at Fido's)Estelle's Dine-By-The Sea, and The Reef (whole broiled
snapper).

Belmopan is best avoided, but it does make a convenient stop for one
or two nights to see the zoo, the Baboon Sanctuary, the Blue Hole, the
cave (can't think of the name), Five Blues Lake, and a drive down the
Hummingbird Highway to Over the Top.

Cayo is excellent. Be sure to visit Mountain Pine Ridge and have a
pizza at Blancaneaux, even if you can't afford to stay there. I did;
it was excellent. Check out the carved, slate-top bar.

Swim in the Rio On Pools. Rio Frio Cave is interesting. Haven't been
to Caracol yet, but it's on my agenda.

Xunantunich is good.

Orange Walk--take a river trip to Lamanai with Herminio or Wilfredo
Novelo. Great tour guides. When I went there, it was overcast, and a
jaguar (?) followed us around, growling the entire time. No, I did not
actually see El Tigre.

Corozal and Dangriga didn't get it for me. I drove out to Sartaneja.
Nice little village. The butterfly sanctuary was disappointing at
best.

Placencia was very nice before Mitch. Then, all match sticks, but I
gather it has been mostly rebuilt using poured concrete construction.
Try the lobster burrito at Cozy Corner. Huge, cheap, and goes good
with a coco rum and pine. A Monkey River trip is great, as is a
snorkel trip to the Silk Cayes. I went with Ocean Motion and would do
it again. If you're in the area during the holiday season, your MR
trip guide might purchase a Xmas gibnut and turn you on to some splif.
Stay at Tradewinds #11--right on the ocean. It's so soothing to hear
the surf as you fall asleep.

Still waiting to try out Caye Caulker and Punta Gorda.

I'll think you'll like Belize a lot. It has so much to offer.