Paris seafood restaurant

Old February 27th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Earl Evleth

On 27/02/05 13:27, in article ,
"JuanElorza" wrote:

For about the same price, you can, also, rent a car and have a day trip
to Honfleur (near Rouen Deauville, no easy train access) where you will
find some rather good sea food restaurants while enjoying a view on the
old harbour.

http://www.ot-honfleur.fr/va/index.php
http://www.restaurant-honfleur.com/menus.htm
http://www.lesdeuxponts.fr/hten/index.htm

Other Normandy towns with sea food restaurant : Dieppe, Etretat, Saint
Valery en Caux.
http://www.dieppetourisme.com/gb/alaune.php
http://www.ville-saint-valery-en-cau...%20anglais.htm
http://www.cauxmaritime.com/

Thanks for the advice. The prisoner we visit twice month is in the process
of being moved from Clairvaux, east of Paris about 250 km to Caen in
Normandy, about the same distance.

So we will regularly be spending time in and around Caen. While in Paris,
we will continue to eat at Garniers.

A nice little seafood restaurant that we often go to for a cheaper
meal is the Moules en Folie, hidden on the small street in the Gaité
area of Montparnasse, near the Gare. We like Moules but they also
serve an acceptable Paella ("Moule en Folie" 5 rue du Maine, note
that avenue du Maine is not the rue du Maine, although the
latter intersects it). Generally we get out of their for way
under 100 euros for two. I like the ambiance. Although we
normally speak French, the boss speaks a half dozen languages
including very good English. This is not a place which has a big oyster
selection however. They have some. Good soupe de poisson.

Earl

Earl

Old February 27th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Mark Fagan

One we enjoyed a lot (though on somebody else's expense account!) was Maison Prunier, which features its restored Art Decco raw bar on the ground floor. Food was excellent and service was of the highest calibre.

16 av Victor Hugo 75116 PARIS, tel: 01 44 17 35 85 fax : 01 44 17 90 10

"The Rev Gaston" wrote in message ...
From time to time you may have seen Earl's recommendations for a
seafood restaurant opposite St Lazarre station called Garnier's.
Yesterday being Mrs G's birthday we wenr there, and I concur with Earl
that it is excellent. We had the giant seafood platter, and you could
hardly see the far side of it. However, after an hour of gobbling we
made some inroads into the pile of oysters, langoustines, crab etc. The
starters are also delicious - we had salmon gravlax in a mild mustard
sauce, and crab with an avodaco mousse - and the desserts a let-down
being only "good". Wee Miss had lamb chops which were also very good -
tender and tasty, so if one of yoru partyt doesn't like seafood, have
no fear.

The service is also excellent. We were accomodated in a "no smoking"
secton which had a good window view over the street below.

The prices are not cheap - we crept out for a smidgeon under €250 - but
it was nice for a special occasion.

G;

--
Encrypted e-mail address. Click to mail me:
http://cerbermail.com/?nKYh3qN4YG

Old February 27th, 2005, 05:55 PM
congokid

In message , Earl Evleth
writes
On 27/02/05 13:27, in article ,
"JuanElorza" wrote:

[...]

I can highly recommend Les Galets in Veules les Roses, near Dieppe, and
Matelote in Boulogne.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
Old February 27th, 2005, 05:55 PM
congokid

In message , Earl Evleth
writes

Old February 27th, 2005, 06:22 PM
BB

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:27:32 +0100, JuanElorza wrote:

For about the same price, you can, also, rent a car and have a day trip
to Honfleur (near Rouen Deauville, no easy train access) where you will
find some rather good sea food restaurants while enjoying a view on the
old harbour.

http://www.ot-honfleur.fr/va/index.php
http://www.restaurant-honfleur.com/menus.htm
http://www.lesdeuxponts.fr/hten/index.htm

Thanks! We'll be there this summer and its nice to have some
recommendations.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address