my mexican riviera cruise

Old May 5th, 2009, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default my mexican riviera cruise

Nonny

You ae so right

The mexico thing had to be diverted for a few weeks then its now
probably safer to go to Mexico then to stay in the USA
Since the illegals are here getting free medical treatement
So anything is good to give back but a option to cancel really is good
enough

the abbreviated cruise, then they deserve more than a $100 credit. �When
they KNOW that most of Mexico is closed due to illness, then boarding
passengers and diverting them in the other direction changes the entire
nature of their product and if they don't offer total refunds, then they
should give some pretty heavy compensation to their guests, IMHO.

--
Nonny

Old May 5th, 2009, 08:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On May 5, 1:33�pm, Nonnymus wrote:
kerry ambler wrote:
they gave 3 options.
cancel for a full refund.
cruise and receive $350 o/b credit per balcony and $350 towards a future
cruise, �$100 pp o/b for 3rds and 4ths in cabin.
or change to a different cruise and get $150 o/b credit.
there were also a few promotions available to some people (resident specials
and senior rates). �we booked this group over 2 years ago so our prices were
pretty low anyways.

That sounds fair to me. �It's a shame the cruise was changed, but it
sounds as if the line was trying to do the right thing.

--
Nonny
If you think health care is expensive now,

- P.J. O'Rourke

she did not tell you that this cruise had a Hex on it from the
beginning cause they booked it then they chartered the dang thing out
and kicked them to the curb. SO its been alot of work for Kerry She
has given and given to the clients, so there should be no complaints.
SHe will be g;ad I bet when the cruise is done you start losing your
excitement when its alot of troubl;e I think she should have a dozen
BBC's OH did we tell you they do not have them any longer? G
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

"Nonnymus" wrote in message
kerry ambler wrote:
nonny, my son and his family are on this cruise with us and they live in
seattle. they are flying to caliofnria (actually for a wedding) and then
cruising home. the worst part is we all wanted tropical sun and we're
getting 58 degrees and showers.
then after returning to LA they will go to disneyland.

Kerry, I've said before that I don't always agree with cruise lines
changing the itinerary and not 1) giving passengers the right to decline
the cruise or 2) offering a significant discount. Of course, that
wouldn't apply if the change was due to something UNKNOWN happening after
the ship had departed. It would apply to known problems such as issues
with the ship itself (propulsion failure on previous cruise, disease
aboard the ship), ports closed due to previous storm damage or disease (as
in this case), political or economic circumstances or other things the
line knew about before boarding passengers.

Sure, things happen on a cruise and the lines cannot be held responsible
for something that occurs after they've embarked the passengers. However,
when HAL damages a propeller in St. Maartin one week and has to eliminate
ports and let the passengers endure terrible vibration during the
abbreviated cruise, then they deserve more than a $100 credit. When they
KNOW that most of Mexico is closed due to illness, then boarding
passengers and diverting them in the other direction changes the entire
nature of their product and if they don't offer total refunds, then they
should give some pretty heavy compensation to their guests, IMHO.

--
Nonny
If you think health care is expensive now,
wait until you see what it costs when it's free!

- P.J. O'Rourke

Hi Nonny,

I agree with your point and your logic, clearly the cruise experience is
changed dramatically. I wonder, though, what we sign up for when booking a
cruise. I seem to recall wording that the ports or sequence can be changed
due to circumstances, etc., etc. While we don't expect to end up in Seattle
on a Mexican cruise, does the cruise line owe us refunds if they follow the
contract? What would be nice to do and what they are required to do might
be very different, and after all, they write the rules. We do have the
power of writing the check, but what are the alternatives? My 21' ski boat
doesn't make for a fun cruise to Acapulco.

Anybody got any ideas or is any cruise better than no cruise at all?

Harry Cooper

Old May 6th, 2009, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
kerry ambler

suz, tell me you're kidding me. i am so looking forward to my BBC's. they
didn't have them on the 2/19 sailing but that was because everything was
free. and they didn't want to mess with the blenders.
I WANT MY bbc'S.
now some people on our roll call are saying they got price adjustments and
kept their O/B credits. then later they posted again and said oops.
credits gone. each time i hear of a price drop i have to stop everything
and check it out.
i'm sooo tired.

"Susette"

Old May 7th, 2009, 02:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_8_]

Seehorse Video wrote:

Hi Nonny,

I agree with your point and your logic, clearly the cruise experience is
changed dramatically. I wonder, though, what we sign up for when booking a
cruise. I seem to recall wording that the ports or sequence can be changed
due to circumstances, etc., etc. While we don't expect to end up in Seattle
on a Mexican cruise, does the cruise line owe us refunds if they follow the
contract? What would be nice to do and what they are required to do might
be very different, and after all, they write the rules. We do have the
power of writing the check, but what are the alternatives? My 21' ski boat
doesn't make for a fun cruise to Acapulco.

Anybody got any ideas or is any cruise better than no cruise at all?

Harry Cooper

To my way of thinking, the dividing line between the contract wording
and what has happened to some is whether the changes were known for a
reasonable time prior to the cruise. If a ship has an engine
malfunctioning and it will take 4 weeks before drydock, I'm of the
impression that some lines will still board passengers and change the
itinerary because of the malfunction. To me, that's wrong. If weather,
a malfunction or unforseen circumstances happen during a cruise, that's
legitimate and no cause for passengers to become upset. The dividing
line, to me, is whether the line know of a mandatory change beforehand
and could offer the passengers a refund or other compensation for the
change.