Press Release from White Star Lines

Old April 17th, 2009, 04:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Default Press Release from White Star Lines

I saw this in the trades today.

White Star announces delay in docking of RMS Titanic

Portsmouth, England. The White Star Lines announced today that the
Royal Mail Ship Titanic would be delayed in its arrival in New York
due to unusual ice conditions. It had reportedly encountered some
patchy ice on its route.

White Star has announced that all First Class passengers will receive
a refund of twelve pound 3 pence, Second Class passengers will receive
4 shillings and that steerage passengers would be billed an additionl
shilling for the extra day's food.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The RMS Titanic sank on April 15th. US income taxes
are due on April 15th. Coincidence? I think not.

Old April 27th, 2009, 12:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

While yet another failed attempt at sarcastic humor, at least you do bring
up one somewhat viable point. And that is the Titanic itself. Ironically, I
used to wear a special Titanic 'T' shirt on cruises, way before the popular
movie(s) and even before it became trendy to jump on this bandwagon.
Sometimes it's fun to stir the pot a bit.

Happy sailing...
John

Old April 27th, 2009, 07:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

On 4/27/09 1:37 AM, in article
, "John Sisker"
wrote:

at least you do bring
up one somewhat viable point. And that is the Titanic itself.

Huh? The Titanic is viable?

Old April 28th, 2009, 01:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 4/27/2009 2:52 AM peter "tweaked" on too much Starbucks said:
On 4/27/09 1:37 AM, in article
, "John Sisker"
wrote:

at least you do bring
up one somewhat viable point. And that is the Titanic itself.

Huh? The Titanic is viable?

It's a wee bit of satire, the "press release" was written as if the
Titanic tragedy had happened recently. The compensation reflects the way
that cruise lines currently do business. Of course, in today's climate,
even though White Star was a UK flagged cruise line, they'd be demanding
a government bail out from Washington seeing as how the ship was
carrying US passengers to New York, NY. The CEOs, and top VPs would
then spend the money on vacation to the Mediterranean. The Royal Family
would also sue the US government for money as reparations for the lost
revenue plus interest for that Boston Tea Party incident. The Queen
would then go out and spend the money on personal performances of
Gilbert & Sullivan's Mikado, or maybe some personal "jewelry" for Prince
Albert. [wink-wink-nudge-nudge-say- no-more, eh?].

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old April 29th, 2009, 06:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Matthew Drake

John,Speaking of Titanic,whatever happened to the idea that some
Billionaire had to build a Titanic 2?

Just wondered if you heard more about that.
At the time,it was being thought about due to the 90s movie "Titanic".

(Titanic Footnote:Sorry Ladies Neither Jack nor Rose existed on the REAL
Titanic Manifest)

Jack was a name dreamed up by James Cameron..go figure!

Old April 29th, 2009, 06:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Matthew Drake

If I remember correctly,Cunard bought White Star Line.They are owned by
Carnival,and they have launched the following

QE2 was sold,coming soon Queen Elizabeth..
Then there was Queen Victoria,in the 30s there was The Queen Mary..now
the QM2,so is Titanic 2 far off? I don't see why not.

That would be interest to see though,how Carnival would go about another
Titanic

Old April 29th, 2009, 12:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Matthew Drake" wrote in message
John,Speaking of Titanic,whatever happened to the idea that some
Billionaire had to build a Titanic 2?

Just wondered if you heard more about that.
At the time,it was being thought about due to the 90s movie "Titanic".

(Titanic Footnote:Sorry Ladies Neither Jack nor Rose existed on the REAL
Titanic Manifest)

Jack was a name dreamed up by James Cameron..go figure!

Actually... if you go to Halifax and visit the Titanic Cemetery, there is a
J. Dawson, grave stone marker 227. I took a photo of it.

Old April 29th, 2009, 11:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

Matthew,

It has indeed been years since I too heard about possibly building a Titanic
2. I thought that was a pretty dead idea, but you never know. In fact, just
the other day on the local news, one of the possible plans for the new
company that bought the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California, was to have
her sail again. While an interesting idea at best, that doesn't seem at all
practical. But, it does make interesting press. For example, the news media
just mentioned this one idea, but no mention of the other possibilities at
all.

Incidentally, I too saw the J. Dawson grave marker at the Titanic cemetery
in Halifax.

Happy sailing...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com