Any Experience with Berlin Segway Tours?

Old May 4th, 2009, 11:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

Default Any Experience with Berlin Segway Tours?

We're thinking of taking the train into Berlin on our cruise (POC
Warnemunde) and I was looking for city tours - and saw a number of
positive comments on TripAdvisor about the segway tours. Does anyone
have any experience with these tours?

They DO look dorky - but they also look like a LOT of fun!
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Mark (SF) wrote:
We're thinking of taking the train into Berlin on our cruise (POC
Warnemunde) and I was looking for city tours - and saw a number of
positive comments on TripAdvisor about the segway tours. Does anyone
have any experience with these tours?

They DO look dorky - but they also look like a LOT of fun!

I have never been there, but did ride a Segway for a short time on the
Disney Magic and it is a blast. It is easy to use and they should give
you some instruction before letting you go off on your own.

If the Segway tour covers what you want to see, go for it, otherwise you
can always ride a Segway elsewhere.

sue
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

On May 4, 3:33*pm, Sue Mullen wrote:
Mark (SF) wrote:
We're thinking of taking the train into Berlin on our cruise (POC
Warnemunde) and I was looking for city tours - and saw a number of
positive comments on TripAdvisor about the segway tours. *Does anyone
have any experience with these tours?

They DO look dorky - but they also look like a LOT of fun!

I have never been there, but did ride a Segway for a short time on the
Disney Magic and it is a blast. It is easy to use and they should give
you some instruction before letting you go off on your own.

If the Segway tour covers what you want to see, go for it, otherwise you
can always ride a Segway elsewhere.

sue

They have a half hour of training at the start (Can't believe it
really takes 30 min, nut I'm sure a lot of it is getting helmets
distributed, waiting for stragglers, etc) The sights are the
"standard" sights, it's basically a walking tour on segways..
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

On May 4, 5:01*pm, "Mark (SF)" wrote:
We're thinking of taking the train into Berlin on our cruise (POC
Warnemunde) and I was looking for city tours - and saw a number of
positive comments on TripAdvisor about the segway tours. *Does anyone
have any experience with these tours?

They DO look dorky - but they also look like a LOT of fun!

Mark,

My husband and son did a Segway tour in your home town several years
back. They thought it was a blast! Check out the full itinerary and
ponder how much time you will spend at any given attraction--most of
the Segway tours we've seen since aren't so much about touring the
sights as they are about gliding by while having fun experiencing the
novelty of riding the Segway. Berlin has a lot to offer and is a very
hip and hot destination right now. Especially after you invest in the
long train transfer, you may want to consider saving the Segway for a
less interesting destination. But it's your vacation, for sure!
Whatever you decide to do, have fun with it!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX