? Swimming in Taormina at Easter

Old February 24th, 2005, 08:03 AM

Default ? Swimming in Taormina at Easter

Hello All,

What is the wether like in Sicily at Easter time,
is it too early to swim?

Thanks,
Andrei

Old February 24th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Helmut Uttenthaler

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com
Hello All,

What is the wether like in Sicily at Easter time,
is it too early to swim?

Depends whether Easter is at the end of march (like this year) or later. This
year it will be definitely to cold. Maybe it's possible at the end of April, but
even if air temperature is warm enough, the water might still be quite cold....
I was in Sicily in April 2001 (from the 16th to the 21st). Air temperature was
about 25°, but I didnt think about swimming.

--
Helmut Uttenthaler,
Graz

Old February 25th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Donna Evleth

Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe
Date: 24 Feb 2005 00:03:18 -0800
Subject: ? Swimming in Taormina at Easter

Hello All,

What is the wether like in Sicily at Easter time,
is it too early to swim?

Thanks,
Andrei

It's an individual thing. I have a friend who swims in Aegina, in Greece,
not too far from Athens, at Easter, but I would not do it. Too cold for me,
warm enough for her. Easter is an iffy period.

Donna Evleth

Old February 27th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Robert J Carpenter

wrote in message
oups.com...
Spent hours trying to find information about average water

temperatures
at Sicily, with no luck at all.

Download and expand CLIMATE.ZIP from http://users.erols.com/rcarpen/
It won't have just where you want, but will give some idea.

Old February 27th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Robert J Carpenter

"Lowcost" wrote in message
Have a look at -

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/w....php3?s=006461

It will give you detailas for catania - not Taormina but close

enough.

The OP was looking for sea temperature. I didn't see that on the site
of your link.