Lost Driver's License

Old October 5th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Robert Bob Edwards

Default Lost Driver's License

My SO recently had her wallet stolen out of her purse. Among the cards
she lost was her driver's license. She has applied for a new one but
hasn't received it yet and, this being California and us not being
illegal immigrants, we have no idea whan she might receive it. We are
scheduled to leave for a Mediterranean cruise in two weeks. She has her
passport but what can she use as a second form of identification if she
doesn't receive her new driver's license?

Old October 5th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Mike Cordelli

Anything with her name on it, it probably doesn't need a picture. Get an
ATM card at the bank or something if you have to.

I've never been asked for a second form of ID when using a passport, double
check to see if that is necessary.

Old October 5th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Celeste

"Robert "Bob" Edwards" wrote in message
My SO recently had her wallet stolen out of her purse. Among the cards
she lost was her driver's license. She has applied for a new one but
hasn't received it yet and, this being California and us not being
illegal immigrants, we have no idea whan she might receive it. We are
scheduled to leave for a Mediterranean cruise in two weeks. She has her
passport but what can she use as a second form of identification if she
doesn't receive her new driver's license?

Can't you go in person to get a new license? In Maryland, that's the only
way you can get a replacement.

Old October 5th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Howard Garland

Edward Todd wrote:

The point was how we have gotten to the point in our society that law
breakers sometimes get better service from our govenment than law
abiding tax paying citizens do.

No, it has been true for sometime that "law breakers sometimes get
better service from our govenment ..." Why don't you trade places with
an undocumented alien and see how much fun it is?

Howard

Old October 5th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:16:19 -0700, "Jim"
wrote:

Now she will need a photo ID to get on an off the ship and
you of course probably do not want to use the passport so find something,
anything else with her photo on it. I have in the past used my ATM card as
it has my photo imbedded on it's front.

Hi Everyone,

Cruise lines do not require a drivers license as long as you have a
passport. Many, if not most cruise ships are equipped with a system
where your photo will be taken when you board the ship. With this
system you will only need to carry your cruise ID card as your photo
will be linked to this card when boarding at each port. With this
system, there is no need for a 2nd photo ID as long as you have your
passport for your initial embarkation.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL