Meet up in Bangkok/Chiang Mai/Hanoi November 03?

Old October 6th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Ray

Default Meet up in Bangkok/Chiang Mai/Hanoi November 03?

Hello all,

I'm making a few stops in SEA next month and wanted to see if anyone
here (travelers or locals) will be there around the same times.
Itinerary right now looks like:

Bangkok Nov 21-24
Chiang Mai Nov 24-27
Hahoi Nov 27 - Dec 2

Also probably heading out to Halong Bay from Hanoi for a day or two.

About me -- well-traveled 35-y/o guy, traveling solo, have a
girlfriend so I'm not looking for a hookup.

Drop me a note if you'd like to know more...

-Ray
Old October 8th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Joel Smith

hi I have a similar plan but just wanted to see about your expenses like
from Chiang mai to Vietnam and all that
m...

Old October 9th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ray

"Joel Smith" wrote ...
hi I have a similar plan but just wanted to see about your expenses like
from Chiang mai to Vietnam and all that

Hi Joel,

I could not find a direct flight from Chiang Mai to Hanoi. I bought a
round-trip flight between Bangkok-Chiang Mai for about US$113, and a
one-way ticket from Bangkok to Hanoi for US$203.

Where all are you going?

-r
Old October 10th, 2003, 01:00 AM
Joel Smith

well I am travelling alone and always meet other travellers...prices are
about the same as I found. I posted two questions on this newsgroup just now
so I can go to Luang Prabang and HaNoi, then on to Hue. In HaNoi I find the
"sinh cafe" quite helpful and prices are low.....maybe groups are large...I
don't know but will just go there and stop in their office. Also asked
about a good group to find to travel economically to Angor.
I get in to Bkk 21st november and go visit Thai friend in Trang and then
visit Krabi area before heading back. to Bkk and start my tours outside of
Thailand BUT if it gets to be too much of a hassle I will just enjoy myself
in Thailand and return stateside at the end of January
joel