Do taxis accept mastercard?

Old July 31st, 2006, 02:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lionel

Default Do taxis accept mastercard?

Do taxis/cabs accept mastercard in northern US and Canada? How about rail?

Thanks,

Lionel.
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad[_1_]

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:23:27 +1000, Lionel wrote:

Do taxis/cabs accept mastercard in northern US and Canada? How about rail?

Do you have some bizzare notion that there's only one taxi company
on the face of the earth?

Why don't you just ask the driver before you depart, or the cab company
if you call for a cab? Have you taken a vow of silence? Dumb?
Cat got your tongue?
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:06 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rita[_1_]

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:23:27 +1000, Lionel wrote:

Do taxis/cabs accept mastercard in northern US and Canada? How about rail?

I can speak only for the U.S. Some do, some don't. It may be
difficult to find out for any particular cab company. Amtrak accepts
credit cards.

Thanks,

Lionel.

Old July 31st, 2006, 04:09 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lionel

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:23:27 +1000, Lionel wrote:

Do taxis/cabs accept mastercard in northern US and Canada? How about rail?

Do you have some bizzare notion that there's only one taxi company
on the face of the earth?

Why don't you just ask the driver before you depart, or the cab company
if you call for a cab? Have you taken a vow of silence? Dumb?
Cat got your tongue?

Idiot. I'm from Australia. I have no f*&king idea how things are run in
the US or Canada so I need to know if I need cash before arriving and
approximately how much.

BTW, US isn't the only country on the face of the earth although you may
think so.

Lionel.
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lionel

Rita wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:23:27 +1000, Lionel wrote:

Do taxis/cabs accept mastercard in northern US and Canada? How about rail?

I can speak only for the U.S. Some do, some don't. It may be
difficult to find out for any particular cab company. Amtrak accepts
credit cards.

Great, thanks .

Lionel.
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:26 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad[_1_]

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:09:55 +1000, Lionel wrote:

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:23:27 +1000, Lionel wrote:

Do taxis/cabs accept mastercard in northern US and Canada? How about rail?

Do you have some bizzare notion that there's only one taxi company
on the face of the earth?

Why don't you just ask the driver before you depart, or the cab company
if you call for a cab? Have you taken a vow of silence? Dumb?
Cat got your tongue?

Idiot. I'm from Australia. I have no f*&king idea how things are run in
the US or Canada so I need to know if I need cash before arriving and
approximately how much.

BTW, US isn't the only country on the face of the earth although you may
think so.

I thought so. You're a moron who thinks there's only one taxi company
on the face of the earth and a moron who is too ****ing stupid to contact
a company by phone, email, or any other way. Here's clue sunshine: they're
all separate companies and nobody can tell you if a company accepts
mastercharge if they don't know the particular company.
Old July 31st, 2006, 04:50 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lionel

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:23:27 +1000, Lionel wrote:

Do taxis/cabs accept mastercard in northern US and Canada? How about rail?
Do you have some bizzare notion that there's only one taxi company
on the face of the earth?

Why don't you just ask the driver before you depart, or the cab company
if you call for a cab? Have you taken a vow of silence? Dumb?
Cat got your tongue?

Idiot. I'm from Australia. I have no f*&king idea how things are run in
the US or Canada so I need to know if I need cash before arriving and
approximately how much.

BTW, US isn't the only country on the face of the earth although you may
think so.

I thought so. You're a moron who thinks there's only one taxi company
on the face of the earth and a moron who is too ****ing stupid to contact
a company by phone, email, or any other way.

Let me see dip****. I can search for a cab company in US and find one.
I'll have no idea if this is a common cab company in the area or if
there is something else weird because it's in a culture I'm not familiar
with. As you have shown me this culture also has people who are
completely unfriendly and unhelpful (no offense to the majority who are
of great help). Questions I ask the company(ies) are going to be
answered in a biased way because they want my business (I only need yes
or no in the cab situation).

Calling the company would be the morons approach because it would cost
me ridiculous amounts to call US. Email would be fine if I was talking
to the right person.

But what the hell is the point when I can post on a newsgroup where
people can give me advice on personal experience where they know the
area well. It's the ideal spot to ask. Unfortunately there are idiots
like you around who are just looking for people to attack at every
opportunity.

So if I can't get this advice from this newsgroup what does the group
exist for?

Here's clue sunshine: they're
all separate companies and nobody can tell you if a company accepts
mastercharge if they don't know the particular company.

Here's a clue, people who have personal experience with *A* cab company
of any description can tell me about that company. If you do not have
the ability because you are mentally deranged then see the other
response which is a prime example and should help you out.

Good bye troll *plonk*.

Lionel.
Old July 31st, 2006, 05:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dennis McClendon

Lionel wrote:
Do taxis/cabs accept mastercard in northern US and Canada? How about rail?

It is increasingly common for them to do so, but not universal. All
Chicago taxis must now accept credit cards, for example.

Amtrak and Via accept credit cards. Suburban rail systems and rapid
transit systems do not as a general rule, except for monthly passes.
Old July 31st, 2006, 05:28 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Pat[_2_]

"Lionel" wrote in message
Do taxis/cabs accept mastercard in northern US and Canada? How about rail?

Thanks,

Lionel.

I would have cash ready.

Old July 31st, 2006, 05:48 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Pan

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:23:27 +1000, Lionel wrote:

Do taxis/cabs accept mastercard in northern US and Canada? How about rail?

I think you're best off expecting to pay cash for taxis. As mentioned
previously, Amtrak accepts credit cards. So do the commuter lines I'm
aware of, as well as the New York subway.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the NOTRASH. Please do not email me something which you also posted.