"Americans not getting bang for buck in Europe"

Old April 8th, 2004, 04:27 AM
Tim Kroesen

Default "Americans not getting bang for buck in Europe"

So anyone who believes she acted heroically has a "little mind"?

She was placed in the situation of wounded POW as a PR stunt??

Pravda never got it right???

Tim K

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Tim Kroesen wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
Tim Kroesen wrote:
Call it what you will; she is clearly the most well regarded

'heroic'
US combatant to emerge from the campaign...

She was a supply clerk, not a combatant.

Some gave all too, as you diminish their sacrifice for *your*

Country.

I'm not diminishing anyone's sacrifice. However, I don't believe

that
being photogenic and therefore good P.R. for the military effort is
enough to distinguish someone as a hero.

Really you insult yourself by buying into that crap.

There you go diminishing a heroic supply clerk nearly killed in
action... Supply has heroes too and they all were armed with more

than
clip-boards. So far as insults go you're doing the cheap peddling

here
Miguel.

I'd bet there are 50 city cops in the USA who distinguish themselves

as
greater heroes every single day.

She was a Pentagon PR machine creation, plain and simple. A way to

rally
little minds behind a war that was failing to produce enough Good News
stories. The sort of thing that would make a Pravda manager proud.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos and tales from around the world:

http://travel.u.nu

Old April 8th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Miguel Cruz

Tim Kroesen wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
I'd bet there are 50 city cops in the USA who distinguish themselves as
greater heroes every single day.

She was a Pentagon PR machine creation, plain and simple. A way to rally
little minds behind a war that was failing to produce enough Good News
stories. The sort of thing that would make a Pravda manager proud.

So anyone who believes she acted heroically has a "little mind"?

What did she do that was heroic? What could she have done differently to be
less heroic? This is the key question (and the one you will avoid).

The little mind takes the use of the word "heroic" at face value and then
doesn't bother considering the facts behind the story.

She was placed in the situation of wounded POW as a PR stunt??

As I understand it, she wasn't a POW. She was immobilized due to her
injuries and in a civilian hospital. Her "rescue" consisted of showing up
and collecting her, with the ready assistance of her Iraqi caretakers. I've
been rescued from the hospital under similar circumstances (i.e., some
people come to pick me up and the hospital lets me go). Where's my Time
magazine cover?

Pravda never got it right???

Sometimes they did. It wasn't their primary goal though.

miguel
Old April 8th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Tim Kroesen

She survived; heroic enough IMO and most of the countries too. We're
likewise glad you survived your latest 'tour'...

Old April 9th, 2004, 01:48 AM
David Horne

Tim Kroesen wrote:

WTF do Americans care what you and your Yellow Boy Journalists think
about Ms Lynch???

Well, _you_ certainly seem to.

She's an American hero after all.

Keep. Telling. Yourself. That.

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old April 13th, 2004, 03:10 PM
The Reids

Following up to Tim Kroesen

WTF do Americans care what you and your Yellow Boy Journalists think
about Ms Lynch???

That's an attitude that has no place in travel.europe, (for me
anyway).

She's an American hero after all.

she was a manufactured war hero.

Thinks. Maybe time for a new "ignore top posters" rule?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old April 13th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Tim Kroesen

The Grand Poobah of r.t.e has spoken!

I call dibs on the ceremonial hat for next week... g

Tim K

Following up to Tim Kroesen