A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travelling Style » Air travel
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Deer Delta Airlines



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 24th, 2003, 04:28 PM
xyzzy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deer Delta Airlines

There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)

  #2  
Old October 24th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Jon Enslin
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deer Delta Airlines

xyzzy wrote:

There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)




A couple years ago, I thought it would be nice to fly United from
Madison to San Francisco by way of Denver instead of Chicago. I got two
regional jets instead of a puddle-jumper and a 777. Yay!!


Jon


--
"It seems all you can do is step on our collective joy whenever Canada
achieves a milestone in sports." - rob

  #3  
Old October 24th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Kokopeli
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deer Delta Airlines


"xyzzy" wrote in message
...
There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)


Couple of years ago my mother flew from TUL to MSP in a CRJ-200. Yuck.
dw


  #4  
Old October 24th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Andrew Perrin
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deer Delta Airlines

xyzzy writes:

There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)


Ummm... last time I checked DFW and RDU were on the same continent.

ap

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew J Perrin - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
Assistant Professor of Sociology, U of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
* andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu
  #5  
Old October 24th, 2003, 06:20 PM
xyzzy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deer geografy genuses (was: Deer Delta Airlines

Andrew Perrin (CLists) wrote:

xyzzy writes:


There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)



Ummm... last time I checked DFW and RDU were on the same continent.

ap



C/INTERNCONTINENTAL/TRANSCONTINENTAL/* *

so sue me.

  #6  
Old October 24th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Tony Rice
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deer Delta Airlines

xyzzy wrote in :

There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)


I'm sure you mean DFW-ATL-RDU. All Delta flights are required by FAA
regualations to at least touch-and-go at ATL prior to arriving at their
final destination.

Lots of airlines are moving routes that used to be served by medium sized
Boeing aircraft to these little CRJs and ERJs. Boston-Raleigh and Orlando-
Raleigh is about my tollerance for those elf sized seats. Ottawa-Raleigh
in a CRJ is not fun.
  #7  
Old October 24th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Jon Enslin
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deer Delta Airlines

Tony Rice wrote:

xyzzy wrote in :


There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)


I'm sure you mean DFW-ATL-RDU. All Delta flights are required by FAA
regualations to at least touch-and-go at ATL prior to arriving at their
final destination.



Actually, I just went on the Delta web-site and got a flight that goes
directly from RDU to DFW.

Jon




--
"It seems all you can do is step on our collective joy whenever Canada
achieves a milestone in sports." - rob

  #8  
Old October 24th, 2003, 07:37 PM
xyzzy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deer Delta Airlines

Jon Enslin wrote:

Tony Rice wrote:

xyzzy wrote in :


There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)


I'm sure you mean DFW-ATL-RDU. All Delta flights are required by FAA
regualations to at least touch-and-go at ATL prior to arriving at
their final destination.


Nope, direct flight, including boarding and taxi time over 2.5 hours in
that cramped little thing. Yes it was a full flight.

It's not only that the seats are smaller. The windows are down at my
chest, so it's even a strain to just look out the damb window in those
things. I don't remember American Eagle's EMB RJ's being this bad, but
the longest flight I've had in one of those was about 40 minutes
(RDU-DCA) so maybe if I'd been in it long enough it would seem as bad.

Actually, I just went on the Delta web-site and got a flight that goes
directly from RDU to DFW.


Was it a CRJ?

  #9  
Old October 24th, 2003, 07:53 PM
mrtravel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deer geografy genuses

xyzzy wrote:

Andrew Perrin (CLists) wrote:

xyzzy writes:


There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)




Ummm... last time I checked DFW and RDU were on the same continent.

ap



C/INTERNCONTINENTAL/TRANSCONTINENTAL/* *

so sue me.


Transcontinental really would involve NC to DFW
To me, that implies going across a lot more of the continent.
What was the flight time, like 2 hours?

  #10  
Old October 24th, 2003, 08:10 PM
andrew smith
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Deer Delta Airlines

"xyzzy" wrote in message
...
There's a reason they are called REGIONAL jets. Not INTERCONTINENTAL
jets. Please to be taking note of this.

(DFW-RDU in a CRJ-200: ugh)


You sound like a two-seat candidate.

a.


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALERT!! American Airlines Employees Plan Holiday Sick Out! None Air travel 6 October 16th, 2003 08:09 PM
Noisey New Airlines at SFO PTRAVEL Air travel 10 October 16th, 2003 05:10 PM
ALERT! American Airlines Employees Plan Holiday Sick Out! None Air travel 0 October 14th, 2003 01:50 AM
Airline Ticket Consolidators and Bucket Shops FAQ Edward Hasbrouck Air travel 0 October 10th, 2003 09:44 AM
Stay away from JetBlue James Robinson Air travel 6 September 15th, 2003 01:13 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.