Inside cabin selection strategy (Celebrity Millennium)

Old March 30th, 2004, 02:42 AM
D Ball

Default Inside cabin selection strategy (Celebrity Millennium)

We've had on-again, off-again summer trip plans, so
Woo-Hoo!, if everything falls into place this week, we're on
the 6/2 Med sailing of the Mille. But Boo-Hoo, that ship is
almost sold out, and the prices have gone through the roof!

So...for the first time ever, we're doing a pair of insides.
Just can't see spending $5,200 per oceanview, or $7,200 per
balcony, for a 12-nighter with only 2 At Sea days!

Question: We have two Plaza Deck cabins on hold (3041, 3033)
that would roughly be under Michael's Club. **Does that
present a noise problem?**

I'm reluctant to throw any more money at an inside (we could
move up to Vista or Panorama for more money) unless somebody
says there's a great reason to move up or my Plaza deck
location is doomed to be noisy.

Thanks to all of you M-class experts for your advice.

Diana Ball
Near Houston, TX
http://www.dianaball.net

RCI Mariner =96 E Carib =96 Holidays 03
RCI Serenade =96 Transatlantic =96 Maiden 08/04/03
Star Princess =96 Mex Riviera =96 Holidays 02
Dawn Princess =96 Alaska =96 July 02
NCL Star =96 Hawaii =96 June 02
RCI Rhapsody =96 W Carib =96 Holidays 01 (back-to-back)
RCI Explorer =96 E Carib =96 Holidays 00
NCL Sea =96 W Carib =96 Holidays 99
Old March 30th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Charles

In article 4068ce5f.13e.41@news2, D Ball wrote:

Thanks to all of you M-class experts for your advice.

I don't think the deck matters but the only inside cabin I hated, and I
usually get insides, was on a Millie class ship. The cabin layout was
horrible. Luckely I was only in that cabin half the cruise (an 11 day)
before being moved to an outside due to a defect in the cabin that they
could not fix. The outside had a different layout that was much better.

--
Charles
Old March 30th, 2004, 04:32 AM
JJ

It shouldn't be a problem with noise & I'm sure you won't smell any smoke.
Go for it. johnny
"D Ball" wrote in message
[...]

RCI Mariner - E Carib - Holidays 03
RCI Serenade - Transatlantic - Maiden 08/04/03
Star Princess - Mex Riviera - Holidays 02
Dawn Princess - Alaska - July 02
NCL Star - Hawaii - June 02
RCI Rhapsody - W Carib - Holidays 01 (back-to-back)
RCI Explorer - E Carib - Holidays 00
NCL Sea - W Carib - Holidays 99

Old March 30th, 2004, 05:24 AM
D Ball

Charles,

Thanks for your input. If you don't mind, may I pick your
brain a little more?

Are you saying that the inside was laid out differently than
the ususal walk in with closet to right, bathroom opposite
to left, and then elongated rectangle w/ vanity to right,
couch to left, followed by twins on right and left?

Was the cabin of an unusual shape? I noted several odd, some
square, some L-shaped, etc., inside cabins on the Millennium
deck plans. But the ones we're looking at are of the usual,
rectangular shape. So I'm not thinking they will be laid out
differently than the norm?

I don't know why I'm being so picky about these cabins. But
12 nights is a fair amount of time, and with a full ship +
our party having two cabins that have to stay fairly close
together, making any onboard changes is not a likely remedy
for any problem. So I do appreciate your help.

Diana

Old March 30th, 2004, 05:34 AM
D Ball

It shouldn't be a problem with noise & I'm sure you won't
smell any smoke. Go for it. johnny

Oops! Johnny, are you telling me Michael's is the cigar bar?
Or are you referring to normal lounge cigarette smoke
seepage? Frankly, I didn't think of a smoke factor, but we
will be unhappy campers if that's an issue. Obvious by my
lack of knowledge about Michael's, we didn't pick this
cruise for the ship--we picked it for the itin. (and on the
strength of Celebrity's reputation generally). I better
start reading about the public spaces.

Thanks for the comments.

Old March 30th, 2004, 10:38 AM
MJDEEG

Hi Diana,
I thought they were "phasing out" Michaels as a smokers bar and moving the
smokers up to the sports bar aft, on one of the higher decks.
Usually there is a piano player singing in Michaels, throughout the evening
until about 1 am.
Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.
Old March 30th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Allen Lutz

Just back from the Millie and Michaels is a piano bar. I didn't notice
alot of action there so I wouldn't think noise will be a problem.
Allen

Old March 30th, 2004, 01:29 PM
D Ball

Mark & Allen,

Thanks for the additional info on Micheal's. We like piano
bars--guess it will be nice for it to be so close?!

Diana

Old March 30th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Jeff Coudriet

Diana--the last time we were on Millie (Easter last year) they had
phased out Michael's as a cigar bar and they did "cigars under the
stars" aft on an open deck, which was actually nice. So I don't think
cigar smoke would be a problem.

Jeff