NCL Honors SS United States!

Old March 8th, 2006, 06:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default NCL Honors SS United States!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Norwegian Crruise Lines and thought
it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

PRIDE OF HAWAI’I CELEBRATES STORY OF AMERICAN MARITIME ICON IN SS
UNITED STATES LIBRARY

NCL America Dedicates Onboard Library to United States’ Flagship
Vessel

MIAMI, March 8, 2006- Honoring the fastest ocean liner ever built, NCL
America is proud to announce today that the library onboard its newest
ship, Pride of Hawai`i will be named the SS UNITED STATES Library.
This library will not only be a peaceful, relaxing sanctuary for
passengers, it will also pay tribute to the history of this great
American beauty, thanks to special assistance from the SS UNITED
STATES Conservancy.

"As one of the country's most venerable ships from the glory days of
trans-Atlantic sea travel, the SS UNITED STATES was revolutionary,
faster and more technologically advanced than anything else afloat at
the time,” said Colin Veitch, president and CEO of NCL Corporation.
“As the proud owners of the SS UNITED STATES, NCL America is
privileged to dedicate a library to this American icon on board our
newest and now largest U.S-flagged ship, Pride of Hawai`i.”

The SS UNITED STATES Library will feature original photography,
vintage advertisements and original lithographs from renowned marine
artists, as well as wall-hanging annotations from Conservancy experts
to help educate passengers about the vessel's great significance and
her place in maritime history.

"The SS UNITED STATES embodied in one single creation the best of
American marine engineering, advanced technology, and artistic style;
she was our nation's most visible and best known national symbol in
the 1950's and beyond," said Greg Norris, vice president and board
member of the SS UNITED STATES Conservancy. "I sailed in the SS UNITED
STATES eight times during my youth and have always been in awe of her
incredible presence and grandeur.”

"It's truly a pleasure to share my knowledge and experience with NCL
America, and I hope the Conservancy and NCL can continue to breathe
new life into this American icon,” Norris added.

NCL America welcomes the new Pride of Hawai`i to its U.S. Flagged
fleet in April 2006. She’s the largest US flagged passenger ship ever
built, and joins Pride of Aloha and Pride of America offering
seven-day, inter-island cruises visiting the beautiful 50th state's
four main islands. Pride of Hawai`i, departing Honolulu on Mondays,
features the line's extremely popular itinerary with a full day in
Hilo, Hawai`i; two days in Kahului, Maui; a day in Kona, Hawai`i and
two days in Na-wiliwili, Kaua`i.

Purpose built for NCL's signature Freestyle Cruising, Pride of Hawai`i
features a vast array of accommodations including two luxurious Garden
Villas with their own private gardens and sun decks, 10 Courtyard
Villas sharing a private courtyard, pool and sundeck on deck 14, and a
spectacular top-of-the-ship Owner's Suite. The ship also features
multiple lively public rooms, 10 restaurants and impressive onboard
amenities.

NCL Corporation ("NCL") is an innovative cruise company headquartered
in Miami, Florida, with a fleet of 15 ships in service and under
construction. The corporation oversees the operations of Norwegian
Cruise Line, NCL America, and Orient Lines. In addition to Pride of
Hawai’i, the company is currently building two more ships, Norwegian
Pearl and Norwegian Gem for delivery in 2007.

For further information, please contact your travel agent.

The SS UNITED STATES Conservancy is dedicated to preserving the legacy
of our national flagship, the SS UNITED STATES. The Conservancy is a
national nonprofit organization founded in 1992 and has thousands of
members and supporters nationwide. For more information, please visit
www.ssunitedstatesconservancy.org.