cruise trip report

Old May 12th, 2004, 05:43 PM
L.Hachey

Default cruise trip report

Cruise trip reports are invaluable when planning a trip, especially for
cruisers, as many of us know, for choosing a ship, a cruise line, an
itinerary, etc. I have created a new website where everyday people can post
and read trip reports from all over the world, including cruising trip
reports.

It's absolutely free to use my site, and to post the reports. I"ve emailed
a few people from this list for permission to use their reports on my site,
but I haven't gotten any replies. I was hoping some of you would post your
reports on my site, if you had the time. Alternatively, you could send them
to me and I could post them for you. I have a few cruising trip reports
there already, for a few different itineraries, including some interesting
ones in Europe.

If you have any questions about me or my site, feel free to ask and I will
answer. I'm not a travel agent or anything, just so you know.

L.Hachey
www.MyTripReport.com

Old May 12th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:43:21 GMT, "L.Hachey"
wrote:

If you have any questions about me or my site, feel free to ask and I will
answer. I'm not a travel agent or anything, just so you know.

L.Hachey
www.MyTripReport.com

Do you make money off your site?
Old May 12th, 2004, 08:31 PM
L.Hachey

Yes, I agree, this is an excellent question.

As you can see by visiting my site, a lot of time and effort has gone into
creating and maintaining my site. I have spent close to six months creating
it, and I do generate a very small amount of money from advertising income.
Somewhere around $2 US a day, in fact. So I"m not getting rich! =)

Basically, I'm a mom at home with kids, just trying to make a living while
also trying to stay home. Just like any other person. I've created a
service that I hope will benefit others, while at the same time I hope that
perhaps I may make a few dollars from advertisers so that I can make this my
job. And in the end I may not. But still, the service is there for others.
I"m not trying to be dishonest or deceiving in anyway. I like to travel
also, and I like to cruise, and I really see this as a service others could
find useful.

If you don't find it useful, you don't have to take part.

Thanks,
L.Hachey.

Old May 13th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Cruising Chrissy

Cruising Chrissy" wrote in message

Do you make money off your site?

On Wed, 12 May 2004 19:31:19 GMT, "L.Hachey"
wrote:

Yes, I agree, this is an excellent question.

As you can see by visiting my site, a lot of time and effort has gone into
creating and maintaining my site. I have spent close to six months creating
it, and I do generate a very small amount of money from advertising income.
Somewhere around $2 US a day, in fact. So I"m not getting rich! =)

What you make now and what yo can make, by (spam)advertising here, by
increasing the hit rate, geographic dispersion data, etc, from your
paid sponsors is one wholly different income module.
In short speak, by coming here, you have exactly attempted to increase
your ability to charge more money to your sponsors and/or attract more
and better paying sponsorships.

Basically, I'm a mom at home with kids, just trying to make a living while
also trying to stay home. Just like any other person. I've created a
service that I hope will benefit others, while at the same time I hope that
perhaps I may make a few dollars from advertisers so that I can make this my
job.

See above.

And in the end I may not. But still, the service is there for others.
I"m not trying to be dishonest or deceiving in anyway. I like to travel
also, and I like to cruise, and I really see this as a service others could
find useful.

Appreciate your honesty. RTC only allows certain well loved, ass
kissing travel agents the opportunity to spamadvertise without
significant grief from RTC "regulars".

If you don't find it useful, you don't have to take part.

Thanks,
L.Hachey.

Good luck.

Come back anytime. At least you tell the truth. I hope you are very
successful.
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:26 AM
L.Hachey

Yes, it is "commercial". Is that bothersome in some way? Is that any
different than the other "commercial" sites that are advertised on here on a
regular basis by the travel agents?

I believe I was very honest and forthright about it. Again, I apologise if
I offended you. It was not my intent.

L. Hachey

"CupCaked" wrote in message

Sorry, ignore my earlier post. You answered my question. Your site
is a commercial site.

"L.Hachey" wrote:

[...]

.. .
wrote:

If you have any questions about me or my site, feel free to ask and I

will
answer. I'm not a travel agent or anything, just so you know.

L.Hachey
www.MyTripReport.com

Do you make money off your site?

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old May 13th, 2004, 06:32 AM
L.Hachey

Thanks, Chrissy. Of course I do hope to increase my income, as does any
person who works in the world, or almost anyone who creates serviceable
website. But still at the same time I do intend to offer a service to
people. While I understand it's in everyone's nature to be suspicious and
leary these days, I'm not "the man" or "the big corporation" out there to
suck money out of everyone. I"m just the little guy, trying to earn an
honest living like everyone else, working hard trying to do that.

Chrissy, thank you for your welcome here and your well wishes, they are
appreciated. I have a question though, what does RTC stand for?

Thanks again,
L. Hachey
www.MyTripReport.com

Old May 13th, 2004, 06:39 AM
L.Hachey

Yes, I have thought of this. I am in the process of changing to a quicker
server right now, and will probably be adding message boards next week when
the move is settled. I think this would be welcome addition.

Thanks for the compliments on the site, I'm glad you liked it!

L.Hachey
www.MyTripReport.com

Old May 13th, 2004, 03:13 PM
L.Hachey

I know where I am, I didn't know what the RTC stood for. Didn't know it
stood for the group.

YOu are quite hostile. Is there a reason for this? Could I be taking
possible customers away from you?

"CupCaked" wrote in message
You're posting here and you don't know where you are? I smell a
pssoible spammer.

Old May 13th, 2004, 03:21 PM
L.Hachey

And I gave you an honest answer. This isn't peoples' "work". These are
peoples' reports. People write these reports TYPICALLY to share with others
for the means of HELPING others to plan their trips.

I'm wondering..how do you earn YOUR money? Do you work in a restaurant? You
feed people and earn money for it? Oh, the humanity! Or do you work in a
hospital? You fix peoples' illnesses and charge for it? Oh the humanity!
Get the picture? Everybody makes a living somehow, and I'm not living off
the dole, welfare, or something else. I'm working hard to earn a living by
creating a service that is worthwhile to people. Am I earning a living by
creating porn sites or by doing something illegal or immoral? No. So why
all the flack about it? Geez.

L. Hachey.
www.MyReportTrip.com

PS. No, I don't pay my contributors, all of my contributors so far have
been MORE than happy to share their reports with me, in fact they have loved
the idea of my site and of having their reports on the site where they can
send their family and friends to read it. I have never once received such a
hostile reply such as yours.

"CupCaked" wrote in message

I never said it was "bothersome" or that I was "offended." I just
wanted an honest answer about your using other peoples' work on a site
you earn money from.

Do you pay your contributors?