E-Tickets Not Allowed at Airport, Flying with Priceline

Old March 18th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Larry R Harrison Jr

Default E-Tickets Not Allowed at Airport, Flying with Priceline

Our airport now requires a real boarding pass; an e-ticket receipt is not
good enough anymore.

Will this be a problem with Priceline? Someone tells me (I've never flown,
much less used Priceline) that Priceline doesn't do boarding passes.

LRH

Old March 18th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Not the Karl Orff

In article KV66c.36967$Zp.27074@fed1read07,
"Larry R Harrison Jr" wrote:

Our airport now requires a real boarding pass; an e-ticket receipt is not
good enough anymore.

Will this be a problem with Priceline? Someone tells me (I've never flown,
much less used Priceline) that Priceline doesn't do boarding passes.

you'll always need a boardin pass

Old March 18th, 2004, 03:37 AM
User 1.nospam

Listen carefully.....get out of your car, enter the terminal, go to the
appropriate ticket counter with your photo ID, they will consult their
records and, if you are there, they will issue you a boarding pass. (The
Priceline aspect is irrelevant)

Actually, if you have an airline reservation number from Priceline, you may
be able to print your own boarding pass at home. Several airlines now offer
this, and you usually get a few FF miles, too.

Old March 18th, 2004, 03:42 AM
mtravelkay

Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:
Okay fine. So how does that work with someone like Priceline?

Go to the ticket counter and pick up a boarding pass, or use electronic
check in to get a boarding pass, if available.

Old March 18th, 2004, 02:23 PM
me

"Larry R Harrison Jr" wrote:

Our airport now requires a real boarding pass; an e-ticket receipt is

not
good enough anymore.

Will this be a problem with Priceline? Someone tells me (I've never

flown,
much less used Priceline) that Priceline doesn't do boarding passes.

you'll always need a boardin pass

Okay fine. So how does that work with someone like Priceline?

You are confusing an e-ticket with a boarding pass. A boarding
pass is a document which "allows" you on the aircraft and frequently
indicates which seat you have been assigned. A ticket, "e" or otherwise
indicates you have made a purchase on a specific flight. It doesn
NOT indicate you have yet been assigned a seat nor actually that
you are permitted to board the aircraft. (Overbooking and all).
Priceline sells tickets, not boarding passes. Boarding passes are
issued (not sold) by the airlines and ONLY the airlines.

Airports have variable regulations regarding the possession
of a boarding pass prior to passing through the passenger
security screening area. In the case where one is required to
do so, they usually can be obtained at the ticket counter
which resides prior to passing through security screening.
Some airlines allow them to be obtained on line, or at
self service kiosks. These boarding passes are available
regardless of how the ticket was purchased, or if it
is an e-ticket or otherwise. (Truth is, really, that there
are ONLY e-tickets these days. If your reservation isn't in
the computer, they aren't going to issue you a boarding pass
until it is. They may create the reservation upon presentation
of a paper ticket, but you ain't going anywhere until they do).
Old March 18th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Matt Drury

How do they read it at the gate?

TSA screeners are specially fitted with visual receptors, generally above
and to each side of their noses.

--
http://mattdrury.net/travel (since 1984)
Old March 18th, 2004, 03:39 PM
brousw1a

Ulf Kutzner wrote in message ...

"User 1.nospam" schrieb:

Actually, if you have an airline reservation number from Priceline, you may
be able to print your own boarding pass at home. Several airlines now offer
this

How do they read it at the gate?

The boarding pass you print on your printer has bar codes, which are
read by the scanner at the gate. The agent at the gate will check
your ID if you print your own boarding pass.