London links

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Hatunen

Default London links

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:17:35 -0000, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

Personally I would probably prefer Gatquick to London Bridge, taxi or bus to
Liverpool street, Stanstead Express. Misses out the underground.

Given the potential street traffic problems I should think the
direct Underground from London Bridge to Liverpool Street would
be better.

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Jim Ley" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:12:02 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message 8ZC6c.3118$G3.30183@localhost, Don Phillipson
writes
Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

I don't think you can fly between these two airports.

Transfers are usually done by bus (allow 3 hours) or train (allow 2
hours), see:

Or via AMS which you could maybe do in 3 hours too...

Jim.

Do it via Geneva, and you can pick up some duty free's, which might make it
the cheapest way.

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Not the Karl Orff

wrote:

Personally I would probably prefer Gatquick to London Bridge, taxi or bus to
Liverpool street, Stanstead Express. Misses out the underground.

Given the potential street traffic problems I should think the
direct Underground from London Bridge to Liverpool Street would
be better.

Care to name the direct unerground link between the two stations?
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Not the Karl Orff" wrote in message

wrote:

Personally I would probably prefer Gatquick to London Bridge, taxi or

bus to
Liverpool street, Stanstead Express. Misses out the underground.

Given the potential street traffic problems I should think the
direct Underground from London Bridge to Liverpool Street would
be better.

Care to name the direct unerground link between the two stations?

and the road route is pretty direct and free flowing even at rush hour.

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Hatunen

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:29:32 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

wrote:

Personally I would probably prefer Gatquick to London Bridge, taxi or bus to
Liverpool street, Stanstead Express. Misses out the underground.

Given the potential street traffic problems I should think the
direct Underground from London Bridge to Liverpool Street would
be better.

Care to name the direct unerground link between the two stations?

Oops. I have no idea how I managed to misread this map in my hand
to think that the Northern Line went to Liverpool Stret.

Never mind....

In which case, Gatwick to Blackfriars and then Circle Line to
Liverpool Street would be a direct underground connection.

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Angela Gilham

In article ,
Miss L. Toe wrote:

"Not the Karl Orff" wrote in message
In article ,
Lansbury wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:53:55 -0500, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

Is there any air link between Gatwick (south
of London) and Stansted (north of London) ?

National Express coaches

Rail - Gatwick Express to Victoria: tube to Liverpool St:
Stansted Express to the airport

Too difficult. Easier and quicker would be (if you want) G'Ex to
Victoria, Victoria line to Tottenham Hale, S'Ex to STN

Personally I would probably prefer Gatquick to London Bridge, taxi
or bus to Liverpool street, Stanstead Express. Misses out the
underground.

Personally I'd prefer to book an onward flight out of Gatwick as
I get to miss out on everything except possibly a transfer between
the north and south terminals ;-)

Flying into LHR or LGW and then going Eireflop from STN always
strikes me as akin to flying into JFK and then taking an internal
flight from La Guardia. Just because it's possible doesn't make
it at all a desirable prospect.

Angela

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Hatunen wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:29:32 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

wrote:

Personally I would probably prefer Gatquick to London Bridge, taxi or bus
Liverpool street, Stanstead Express. Misses out the underground.

Given the potential street traffic problems I should think the
direct Underground from London Bridge to Liverpool Street would
be better.

Care to name the direct unerground link between the two stations?

Oops. I have no idea how I managed to misread this map in my hand
to think that the Northern Line went to Liverpool Stret.

Never mind....

In which case, Gatwick to Blackfriars and then Circle Line to
Liverpool Street would be a direct underground connection.

Even shorter, GatwIck to Farringdon and then circle, metropolitan and/or
H&C line to Liverpool St. Only 2 stops - but a long ugly staircase to
cross platforms.
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

and the road route is pretty direct and free flowing even at rush hour.

Due to congestion charge?
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

and the road route is pretty direct and free flowing even at rush hour.

Due to congestion charge?

Due to bus lanes that were there before the congestion charge.