Continental Update

Old September 17th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Te Canaille

Default Continental Update

Regarding my previous post about Continental Airlines treatment at the Cleveland airport :

I received a call from a customer service rep. She was very apologetic about the treatment I had received at the hands of their
agents in Cleveland and offered to replace the gear I left behind in the airport lobby or a free travel voucher. I must admit they
were gracious about the situation and assured me this is not the way they would usually handle a problem like this.

I realize in a perfect world I would have read the new policy and followed it but instead relied on the Continental
agent's previous actions and made the assumption was it conformed to size limits. The Service Rep agreed that since this is a new
policy, a return leg, and the bag had been accepted on previous flights, the Cleveland agents should have checked it through and
provided a copy of the written policy so that this would not be repeated. I think that was the proper solution.

Continental stepped up and made the situation right and that shows good will. There are lots of good folks at
Continental, I just ran into a coupla grouches in Cleveland.

Te Canaille

Old September 17th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Te Canaille

"mrtravel" wrote in message y.com...
Te Canaille wrote:

I realize in a perfect world I would have read the new policy and followed it

What new policy are your referring to? The max weight was dropped from
70 to 50 pounds per piece. The maximum measurement was 62 inches before
and remains at 62 inches.

You need to get a life ! The Customer Service Rep was the third Continental employee to tell me this is a new policy. Since I
didn't read the policy prior to recently, I can only rely on what I'm told and I prefer to take their word rather than yours. Do you
spend your Saturday nights reading airline policies or do you just like to keep dewelling on unimportant and obsure issues such as
this ?

Te

Old September 18th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Don Quixote

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:47:17 -0500, Te Canaille wrote
(in message oM8ab.55756$uh6.4413@lakeread05):

You need to get a life ! The Customer Service Rep was the third Continental
employee to tell me this is a new policy. Since I
didn't read the policy prior to recently, I can only rely on what I'm told
and I prefer to take their word rather than yours. Do you
spend your Saturday nights reading airline policies or do you just like to
keep dewelling on unimportant and obsure issues such as
this ?

Te

You tell 'em, Te! -Don

Old September 18th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Reef Fish

mrtravel wrote in message gy.com...
Te Canaille wrote:

I realize in a perfect world I would have read the new policy and followed it

What new policy are your referring to? The max weight was dropped from
70 to 50 pounds per piece. The maximum measurement was 62 inches before
and remains at 62 inches.

Not sure what new policy Canailie referred to either. But the 50 lb
per piece limit does NOT apply to Elite members -- there must be
zillions of those since it doesn't take much flying to be a Sliver
Elite.

Current (from CO webpage a minute ago) policy:

http://www.continental.com/travel/po...31765A33403DF7

# OnePass Elite Members Economy Class Free Baggage Acceptance
# 2 Checked Bags: Maximum 70 lbs (32kg) and 62 linear inches (157 cm)
(
# total length + width + height) per piece.

-- Bob.
Old September 18th, 2003, 06:10 AM
mrtravel

Te Canaille wrote:

I realize in a perfect world I would have read the new policy and followed it

What new policy are your referring to? The max weight was dropped from
70 to 50 pounds per piece. The maximum measurement was 62 inches before
and remains at 62 inches.

You need to get a life ! The Customer Service Rep was the third Continental employee to tell me this is a new policy. Since I
didn't read the policy prior to recently,

You keep responding, so what about YOUR life? I am just trying to get
clarification on what exactly the new policy is, so people will know
when they go.
What is the new policy?? It's not the size limits as I have seen people
forced to pay for larger items before on CO.
Are you trying to say that the limit wasn't 62 inches before? I noted
previously, and I even gave you a link from an older newsgroup article
showing the size as 62 inches for years.