Your Emails, And Your Internet Service Provider, Will Give You Up Fast

Old December 25th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Cruising Chrissy

Default Your Emails, And Your Internet Service Provider, Will Give You Up Fast

Recently, my ISP, Bellsouth, gave me a call about complaints made by
an individual regarding my postings to RTC. After several minutes of
conversation, and quite a few hearty chuckles, he signed off with a
"Best Wishes", no warning, no violation of the TOS (Terms Of Service)
Agreement. He swears he will become a consistent lurker; doesn't want
to miss the "action", so to speak.

LOL

Sorry, maybe next time. Probably not.

It did bring to my mind the ever increasing ability, for those who
attempt to invade our privacies, and control our public
(Internet/Usenet) resources, that certain "anti terrorism" laws have
given our government, and its populace, to monitor, censure and invade
our lives.

The NSA "reads" 10% (or more) emails that are circulated worldwide and
our FBI the same for US citizens. As data mining software is
improved, thanks to felons like John Poindexter...

http://www.americanpolitics.com/20030730Koop.html

http://www.warblogging.com/tia/poindexter.php

Which brings us to this article which, if this doesn't scare the
BeJesus out of you, then you have no BeJesus in you.

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article...,113440,00.asp

The Not So Fine Art Of Google
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old December 26th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Dick Goldhaber

You can cross me off of a couple of your lists, Michelle.

First and foremost, get rid of any thoughts that I lust or ever lusted for
any part of you. I have gone back through all of your identities for the
year 2003, and I can't find anything that suggests what you are suggesting.

But because you have proven yourself to be so ludicrous and pathetic, I want
you to stay here and continue to post notes like the ones that state that
"the Jews killed Christ." so that all of us can truly understand what kind
of trash we are dealing with.

Happy New Year, Michelle
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old December 26th, 2003, 04:59 AM
ChiliJim

I, for one, applaud the NSA and the FBI for doing all they can to
ferret out those who would destroy our way of life. Too bad that it
offends the sensibilities of you and your fellow apologists for the
murderous terrorists.

(snip)

Old December 26th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Jere Lull

Cruising Chrissy wrote:

[...]

In my experience, any assertion that any organization reads even 10% of
the worldwide traffic is completely and absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, I saw the quotes. Even a keyword search of same would be beyond any
government's capability. You have no CLUE how much email, postings,
spam, and other traffic flow though the Internet/Usenet each hour of
each day.

I've been paid to program computers for about 25 years; hacked on them
since '70. I know how to do these things and know how little I could
sample without unbelievable resources. RELAX guys and gals. The Internet
isn't as unsafe as some would want us to believe. The sheer volume of
traffic is an insulation for individuals.

And from long experience: attacking the character of someone is usually
an indication that the attacker has no real argument.

--
Jere Lull

Old December 26th, 2003, 02:56 PM
villa deauville

Default Your Emails, And Your Internet Service Provider, Will Give You...

Nincompoop at BellSouth needs to be investigated himself/herself.

SUNNY...........thinks he should be put on display and subjected to
ITT's tirades

S'nd I

Old December 26th, 2003, 08:20 PM
Tom & Linda

ChiliJim wrote:

I, for one, applaud the NSA and the FBI for doing all they can to
ferret out those who would destroy our way of life. Too bad that it
offends the sensibilities of you and your fellow apologists for the
murderous terrorists.

Aren't they just a L I T T L E L A T E!!!!

The horse got out of the barn while they were busy planting flowers or
something like that a few Septembers back. People from my town,
neighboring towns, and my former bosses brother who worked in the twin
towers are already dead.

What were they doing back then?

It might give reason for a person to wonder if all the code oranges and
so forth are (1) continuing real concerns, if (2) they're there to scare
off any terrorist activities, or (3) just politically motivated by the
current regime to fool the people into thinking that it's critical to
re-elect all those currently in place to keep our security.

I suspect it's a combination of the 3. And I'm leaning heavily toward
the 3rd one.

And I don't want to hear any of that liberal/conservative garbage. The
mess we have now stems from what happened during the reigns of Ronnie,
Senior and his boy DubYa, and BubbaBill. They're all responsible to
some degree. Some funded Bin Laden. Others didn't go after him when
they had the chance, etc. They all helped create this mess.

And meanwhile, our soldiers are STILL DYING in Iraq.

Can we please find somebody who has a clue?

--Tom
Old December 26th, 2003, 08:33 PM
ChiliJim

Tom, you and I are in violent agreement at least on one point. Yes,
they are late. Perhaps if NSA and the FBI, among others, had been
given more authority (and funding) they would have been able to head
off 9/11. But at least now something (however effective/ineffective)
is being done, which is what inspired the original complaint that I
responded to.

As far as fixing blame, you have to go back all the way to the Carter
years, which is when the emasculation of our various intelligence
efforts started. And it was irrespective of political party and/or
political viewpoint.

Jim

Old December 26th, 2003, 10:27 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:22:41 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

The NSA "reads" 10% (or more) emails that are circulated worldwide and
our FBI the same for US citizens. As data mining software is
improved, thanks to felons like John Poindexter...

In my experience, any assertion that any organization reads even 10% of
the worldwide traffic is completely and absolutely ridiculous.

Really?

Yes, I saw the quotes. Even a keyword search of same would be beyond any
government's capability. You have no CLUE how much email, postings,
spam, and other traffic flow though the Internet/Usenet each hour of
each day.

Hm, only what Hubby can tell me through DARPA.

I've been paid to program computers for about 25 years; hacked on them
since '70. I know how to do these things and know how little I could
sample without unbelievable resources. RELAX guys and gals. The Internet
isn't as unsafe as some would want us to believe. The sheer volume of
traffic is an insulation for individuals.

It is only unsafe for those who use it unwisely.

And from long experience: attacking the character of someone is usually
an indication that the attacker has no real argument.

I see character assassination and strong argument hand-in-hand every
day.

Old December 26th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 20:59:37 -0800, ChiliJim
wrote:

I, for one, applaud the NSA and the FBI for doing all they can to
ferret out those who would destroy our way of life. Too bad that it
offends the sensibilities of you and your fellow apologists for the
murderous terrorists.

Oh, screw yourself. It doesn't offend me and I make no apologies for
terrorists. It was a heads up for everyone, it's called the truth, and
you missed it since your head is not up...anything except your ass.