Meteor Showers

Old December 12th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Becca

Default Meteor Showers

If you are going to be at sea, make sure you watch the Geminid meteor
showers, peaking December 13–14. This may be the best annual shower all
year, even surpassing the Perseids of August. Begin glancing skyward
between 10 pm to 2 am.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...c_geminids.htm

Two years ago I saw the Geminid meteor showers onboard the Legend, and
it was an awesome sight. This year we will not have to worry about the
moonlight and the skies are clear in Texas.

Becca -----polishing my telescope...

MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Miracle in May http://www.cruisemaster.com/miracle.htm
Canada - New England http://www.cruisemaster.com/carnivalFall.htm
Caribbean Princess http://www.cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm

Old December 12th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Roy Cochrun

Becca wrote in :

If you are going to be at sea, make sure you watch the Geminid meteor
showers, peaking December 13-14. This may be the best annual shower all
year, even surpassing the Perseids of August. Begin glancing skyward
between 10 pm to 2 am.

About 8:00 p.m. U.S. East Coast time last evening, my wife and I were driving west on I-70 to
Frederick, Maryland. The absolutely largest and most spectacular meteor I ever have seen in my life
arched across the sky. I am willing to bet someone somewhere reported it as an aircraft accident or UFO.
Absolutely stunning! Yellow middle, green and blue tail. It may have been space junk, but I'll never know.
It seemed so close, but probably was over Ilinois. Who knows...

--Roy Cochrun

Old December 12th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Paul Johnson

"Roy Cochrun" wrote in message
Becca wrote in :

About 8:00 p.m. U.S. East Coast time last evening, my wife and I were
driving west on I-70 to
Frederick, Maryland. The absolutely largest and most spectacular meteor I
ever have seen in my life
arched across the sky. I am willing to bet someone somewhere reported it
as an aircraft accident or UFO.
Absolutely stunning! Yellow middle, green and blue tail. It may have
been space junk, but I'll never know.
It seemed so close, but probably was over Ilinois. Who knows...

Washington, DC Channel 4 (NBC) reported this am that NASA, police agencies
and even Dulles Airports received calls about the meteors last night.
Paul Johnson

Old December 12th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:41:25 -0600, Becca wrote:

Becca -----polishing my telescope...

Playing both sides of the street I see.

Leave ppls hubbies alone, Hypocrite.