Live onboard Zuiderdam -- "Friends of Dorothy" party request DENIED!!

Old December 13th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Fred

You own what, a few shares of each cruise line so you can get a discount?
You are what Hal and the rest do not want. A cheap jew and a pervert. Even
if you got a free cruise you would bitch. Shut up dick......Just shut up.

BTW.......How is my sweetie today? Can the slut bring the dog to work for a
nooner?

"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message
Charlie,

I have all of the daily planners from our Westerdam cruise and there was a
"Friends of Bill W." meeting every day but the first.

To the best of my knowledge there were no other "special interest"
programs
listed in the guide, but I'd bet that there were more gays among the
passengers than recovering alcoholics though it is not a point I can
prove.

If HAL's corporate position is that they would rather have a venue be
empty
and generate no revenue than to advertise promotions for what they
consider
to be an "unpopular" portion of their passengers, I must say as a
stockholder that I disagree.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Charlie Funk" wrote in message
per Holland America corporate policy in Seattle (my paraphrase) about 6-7
weeks ago they can no longer host and publicize such gatherings.

If they had ANYTHING anywhere about "Friends of Bill W" meetings or
gatherings, the corporate policy would seem, on the surface, to be
discriminatory. Is there any chance you have any of the daily
newsletters
and can check for Friends of Bill W meetings or maybe remember if they

were
publicized?

--
Charlie Funk
Just Cruisin' Plus
"JEFFCOUD" wrote in message
Hey folks...I'm writing live onboard the Holland America Line
Zuiderdam.

We
are at sea today (having not been able to tender at Half Moon Cay).

This morning I wrote a nice note to the Cruise Director Pete (can't

remember
last name....) requesting a Friends of Dorothy party to be scheduled
for
tomorrow, which is also a sea day.

Pete was kind enough to leave me a voice mail letting me know that, per

Holland
America corporate policy in Seattle (my paraphrase) about 6-7 weeks ago

they
can no longer host and publicize such gatherings. He said he would be

happy to
put such a party together in a public room, but they could not put it
in

the
daily bulletin!

At this moment....I am damn angry! Which I certainly don't need on my

long
awaited vacation. At great splurgy expense to myself I have booked as

solo
in a Cat S suite....not exactly chump change! But this is absolutely
my

2nd
and last Holland America cruise unless this policy is changed asap! I

can't
believe in this day and age such a policy would exist. I think in

today's
program, for example, they've had meetings for people who like to play

bridge,
and for veterans. So what is the big deal -- we are but yet another

group
of
people who have some common interests. Isn't the cruise line's job to

bring
people together for an enjoyable vacation experience?

I do want to be clear I do not harbor any ill will towards the CD...he

was
kind
enough to respond to my note and was just relaying a corporate
policy --

which
he did not create -- to me.

In any case, Pete said I could call him at various times this evening,

but
really why bother? The whole point is to get a room and have it in the

daily
program....it's not like I have some magic ability to "spread this by

word
of
mouth", using his words....to every gay and lesbian passenger on the

ship.
don't want to go around making presumptions about people right?

Holland America -- wake up!!

Jeff Coudriet -- taking my $$ back to Celebrity which has never turned

down my
request to host such a party.

Old December 13th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Fred

Just proves my point. He just has to stick that ethnic nose in where he
can.

"Merry Christmas" wrote in message
. com...
Dick Goldhaber wrote:
Charlie,

I have all of the daily planners from our Westerdam cruise and there was
"Friends of Bill W." meeting every day but the first.

To the best of my knowledge there were no other "special interest"
programs
listed in the guide, but I'd bet that there were more gays among the
passengers than recovering alcoholics though it is not a point I can
prove.

If HAL's corporate position is that they would rather have a venue be
empty
and generate no revenue

I didn't see where he said he was paying for the meeting space?

Old December 13th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Fred

Shut up you asshole

Dick Goldhaber wrote:

If HAL's corporate position is that they would rather have a venue be

empty
and generate no revenue than to advertise promotions for what they

consider
to be an "unpopular" portion of their passengers, I must say as a
stockholder that I disagree.

I didn't see where he said he was paying for the meeting space?

Joe Coulter said "Good luck with Holland (which never struck me as
terribly
uptight since
the only ones who knew what went on in the disco were the crew and the
5-10 pax that stayed up that late.)"

My point was that if that was true, and there was a group that could put
the
room to use, I disagree with HAL's decision to forbid promotion on behalf
of
the group.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old December 13th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Fred

It's just killing you sitting on the side not posting your stupid remarks
dick head. You know you want to get into it with me, don't you? I bet your
daughter wishes she could find me so she could have her way with me. What's
wrong dickie, no leg to stand on?

"Danni" wrote in message
I'll answer you, you ****ing little cocksucker.

My mother died 25 years ago from the complications of diabetes. An
excruciatingly painful death that I now wish on you.

Mention her or any other member of my family again, you ****ing coward,
and
I will hunt you down and rip your heart out through your throat.

Old December 13th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Jack Hamilton

"kuki" wrote:

I replied to Jeff in a post on CruiseMates about this subject as well.

I don't believe the "policy" is aimed specifically at the gay cruiser at
all. Several times we've asked the CD or Hotel Manager's onboard to
publicize "Net Buddy" get togethers in their daily newsletters as well, and
have been turned down.

They feel once they open the door to this type of thing, they'll be flooded
with requests from "interest groups" for the same treatment, even though
there may only be one person onboard with that interest. ie.. net buddies,
FOD, fisherman, bowlers, poker players, swingers, fascists... whatever.

So what? Why not just list them all?

==
Jack Hamilton

==
In the end, more than they wanted freedom, they wanted comfort and security.
And in the end, they lost it all - freedom, comfort and security.
Edward Gibbon