Live onboard Zuiderdam -- "Friends of Dorothy" party request DENIED!!

Old December 13th, 2004, 10:53 PM
kuki

"Jack Hamilton" wrote
So what? Why not just list them all?

No argument from me on that.

I was just pointing out that it's more of an "across the board policy", and
not simply directed at gay & lesbian cruisers.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
http://www.cruisemates.com

Old December 14th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Jack Hamilton

"kuki" wrote:

"Jack Hamilton" wrote
So what? Why not just list them all?

No argument from me on that.

I was just pointing out that it's more of an "across the board policy", and
not simply directed at gay & lesbian cruisers.

Maybe. If gay and lesbian cruisers are the only ones requesting these
meetings, then effectively it is directed at them; non-existent requests
from other groups don't count.

There's a legal term for this, which I don't remember.

==
Jack Hamilton

==
In the end, more than they wanted freedom, they wanted comfort and security.
And in the end, they lost it all - freedom, comfort and security.
Edward Gibbon

Old December 14th, 2004, 03:35 AM
Steven

"MarkT" wrote in

Sounds like HAL did "wake up", and I, for one, am thankful.

Sorry, Jeff, but you will have to move on. Deviant behavior is
unacceptable on HAL. Keep it behind closed doors if you feel you must
behave that way.

Right you are Mark.....
I don't care what consenting adults do behind closed doors, but
homosexuality is deviant behavior, and HAL doesn't need to promote it.
There are many "Rainbow" cruises for those who want that. My wife and I
don't need to look through the daily program and read about "Friends of
Dorothy", "Friends of NAMBLA", "Friends of people who enjoy sex with farm
animals", Friends of the KKK, etc. And I don't want to hear any sniveling
about how I am not being "sensitive", or "tolerant", nor any other flames.
I have several friends who are gay. I just prefer not to see two people of
the same sex acting out in public. Just be happy they don't burn fags at
the stake any more. Just my 2 cents.....

--
Veendam Feb 03 West Carib
Zuiderdam Sept 03 West Carib

Old December 14th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Dick Goldhaber

We were part of a group of about 40 passengers who were on Westerdam who had
met through Cruise Critic. The front office did provide us with public
rooms for our get-togethers and tables in the dining room where we could
have group lunches.

There were also at least two other organized travel parties promoted by
travel agencies who had group activities, however these were not publicized
in the daily planners.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old December 14th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Warren H. Davis

First njharleyman says this:
homosexuality is deviant behavior,

Then he dusts off the old cliche that's supposed to *prove* how "cool" he is
and says:
I have several friends who are gay.

If I had a "friend" like you and learned I wasn't allowed to be myself in front
of you, you'd be a former friend pronto. Listen up, buddy, you're a phony. In
my book that's 100% worse than being insensitive or intolerant. And if you tell
me that your gay friends accept this about you, then they're doormat idiots
too.

For the record, homosexual behavior has been observed in most animal species in
the wild. It exists in nature, and therefore is "natural." It's no more
"deviant" than were interracial, inter-religious, or multi-ethnic love affairs
when *they* were considered as such a mere 30-50 years ago.

The captain of the next cruise ship you sail may be...shhh... "that way".
(well, at least two of them that I know of) All you need to be concerned about
is his behavior on the bridge. Otherwise MYOB and have a slice of pizza on the
lido.

And then this yutz gave me a big laugh when he said:
I just prefer not to see two people of the same sex acting out in public.

Let's see...a bar...a group of men and women...drinks...laughing....some more
drinks..some cigarettes...telling jokes...drinks...more smokes...exchanging
business cards...plans to meet up for dinner or shore excursions...promises to
save a seat at the second seating show.

Oh, wait, I CAN see how this might be offensive to some people.
Smokers...blech!

I have a theory. Guys like this moron lash out at gay folk out of jealousy.
They know we regularly get what their wives and girlfriends are too squeamish
to provide (or they don't have the cajones to ask the wife/girlfriend for(or
interest her in)) and it just bothers the hell out of them.

What?!

I'm talking about a top-shelf $12 Martini big enough to do a backstroke,
instead of the same old Bud in a bottle. What did you automatically *think* I
meant?

BTW, the term "Friends of Dorothy" is a fading relic. Most gay folk under 40 or
so typically don't even know what it means any more so a listing in the daily
program will usually only turn out old gayzers like me. I'm surprised someone
Jeff's age uses the term.

Warren == feeling very defiant, but not at all deviant.

remove the drink to email Y