Cheapest day's to fly

Old September 17th, 2003, 03:34 AM
CrossmenSop99

Default Cheapest day's to fly

I'd say Tues-Thurs. Order your ticket at least 14-days in advanced, to get the
lowest fare out there.
In my opinon I would stay away from 3rd party online travel companies like
Travelocity, Cheap Tickets. They maybe will save you $20, but they can screw
reservation up. I see it happen at least once a week. With some of those
companies you are NOT E-ticketed, which means they are supposed to send you
paper tickets and sometimes they get lost in the mail or never get sent or the
customer thinks there e-ticketed and there not, which means the passenger will
have to buy a new ticket fromt the airline, file a lost ticket applacation and
try get reimbursed for the new ticket by the company in which they ordered.
It's a headache for the customer. I've seen too many customers screwed by
those online travel companies and there no a lot an airline can do. Order from
the airline direct. Stick with e-tickets. People think if they order paper
tickets, they'll have a boarding bass before everyone else and wont have to
check in at the airport. NOT TRUE. Everyone has to check in.
Old September 17th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Miguel Cruz

CrossmenSop99 wrote:
Stick with e-tickets. People think if they order paper tickets, they'll
have a boarding bass before everyone else and wont have to check in at the
airport. NOT TRUE. Everyone has to check in.

Can you even use the kiosks with paper tickets? I haven't had a paper ticket
on a kiosk-capable airline in a long time, but my recollection is no. That
seems to suggest that paper tickets actually slow you down, since you have
to wait in line to check in.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.