A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travel Regions » Europe
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Gisors, a day trip from Paris



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 26th, 2015, 04:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Paul Aubrin
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 95
Default Gisors, a day trip from Paris

I passed through Gisors several times without stopping.
I corrected this error. Gisors is a pleasant old town, with an impressive
ancient Castle when the king of France and the king of England were at
war at the end of the 11th century.

My lunch, in some kind of Bistrot, was very simple, but cheap, good
quality and tasty. It was a good day trip.

From Paris, you reach Gisors in slightly more than one hour by train
(Saint Lazare station). Schedule:

http://www.paris-gisors.com/horaires.html

Some pictures.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=gisors%20normandy

Tourist information.
http://www.tourisme-gisors.fr/en/cap...-norman-vexin/


  #2  
Old July 26th, 2015, 05:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Paul Aubrin
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 95
Default Gisors, a day trip from Paris

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:59:59 +0000, Paul Aubrin wrote:

I passed through Gisors several times without stopping.
I corrected this error. Gisors is a pleasant old town, with an
impressive ancient Castle when the king of France and the king of
England were at war at the end of the 11th century.

My lunch, in some kind of Bistrot, was very simple, but cheap, good
quality and tasty. It was a good day trip.

From Paris, you reach Gisors in slightly more than one hour by train
(Saint Lazare station). Schedule:

http://www.paris-gisors.com/horaires.html

Some pictures.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=gisors%20normandy

Tourist information.
http://www.tourisme-gisors.fr/en/cap...-norman-vexin/


Today's pictures
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135023...h/19838478648/
  #3  
Old July 27th, 2015, 01:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 787
Default Gisors, a day trip from Paris

On 7/26/15 9:17 AM, Paul Aubrin wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:59:59 +0000, Paul Aubrin wrote:

I passed through Gisors several times without stopping.
I corrected this error. Gisors is a pleasant old town, with an
impressive ancient Castle when the king of France and the king of
England were at war at the end of the 11th century.

My lunch, in some kind of Bistrot, was very simple, but cheap, good
quality and tasty. It was a good day trip.

From Paris, you reach Gisors in slightly more than one hour by train
(Saint Lazare station). Schedule:

http://www.paris-gisors.com/horaires.html

Some pictures.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=gisors%20normandy

Tourist information.
http://www.tourisme-gisors.fr/en/cap...-norman-vexin/


Today's pictures
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135023...h/19838478648/


Are there other destinations on that train line worth visiting?

Or is Gisors alone worth the day trip?
  #4  
Old July 27th, 2015, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Paul Aubrin
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 95
Default Gisors, a day trip from Paris

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 17:27:16 -0700, poldy wrote:

On 7/26/15 9:17 AM, Paul Aubrin wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:59:59 +0000, Paul Aubrin wrote:

I passed through Gisors several times without stopping.
I corrected this error. Gisors is a pleasant old town, with an
impressive ancient Castle when the king of France and the king of
England were at war at the end of the 11th century.

My lunch, in some kind of Bistrot, was very simple, but cheap, good
quality and tasty. It was a good day trip.

From Paris, you reach Gisors in slightly more than one hour by train
(Saint Lazare station). Schedule:

http://www.paris-gisors.com/horaires.html

Some pictures.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=gisors%20normandy

Tourist information.
http://www.tourisme-gisors.fr/en/cap...-norman-vexin/


Today's pictures
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135023...h/19838478648/


Are there other destinations on that train line worth visiting?

Or is Gisors alone worth the day trip?


By train, there is nothing easily accessible from Gisors.
By car, there are a lot of interesting places around: Chateau-Gaillard,
Giverny, Le Bec Hellouin abbey, Rouen, Dieppe, Etretat.

  #5  
Old July 28th, 2015, 03:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 303
Default Gisors, a day trip from Paris

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 11:04:04 PM UTC+1, Paul Aubrin wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 17:27:16 -0700, poldy wrote:

On 7/26/15 9:17 AM, Paul Aubrin wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:59:59 +0000, Paul Aubrin wrote:

I passed through Gisors several times without stopping.
I corrected this error. Gisors is a pleasant old town, with an
impressive ancient Castle when the king of France and the king of
England were at war at the end of the 11th century.

My lunch, in some kind of Bistrot, was very simple, but cheap, good
quality and tasty. It was a good day trip.

From Paris, you reach Gisors in slightly more than one hour by train
(Saint Lazare station). Schedule:

http://www.paris-gisors.com/horaires.html

Some pictures.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=gisors%20normandy

Tourist information.
http://www.tourisme-gisors.fr/en/cap...-norman-vexin/

Today's pictures
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135023...h/19838478648/


Are there other destinations on that train line worth visiting?

Or is Gisors alone worth the day trip?


By train, there is nothing easily accessible from Gisors.
By car, there are a lot of interesting places around: Chateau-Gaillard,
Giverny, Le Bec Hellouin abbey, Rouen, Dieppe, Etretat.


Ah - Etretat. My very first overseas foray in 1955!
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
paris trip CAHenderson Europe 13 September 1st, 2007 11:22 PM
paris day trip Brett Europe 9 July 28th, 2005 10:26 AM
Our trip to Paris 31/08-01/09 elise Europe 9 September 10th, 2004 09:42 PM
Our Trip to Paris - 02/09/04 elise Europe 18 September 10th, 2004 04:42 PM
Paris trip Laura Europe 16 May 1st, 2004 10:46 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.